Wednesday, November 18, 2020

I still have that pesky floater in my right eye. I've heard that once you get them, they're more or less permanent residents. But I'm not seeing that annoying glint of light zoom up the edge of my peripheral vision anymore. That only lasted a few hours. It wasn't random enough to be red blood cells. What? Apparently, sometimes you can see inside your own head, or rather, inside your own eye. Yes, I'm just as shocked as you are. 

I get to the gym at a few minutes past 7 and it's quiet again. By the time I leave though, regulars from pre-pandemic times have filtered into the locker room. They chat about taking aerobic classes online and how they prefer to come to an actual in-person event, about how much more they're snacking and drinking. There are regulars I haven't seen at all and it might be that they've quit the gym altogether, prefer to do online classes only, or they got sick. This is a time of uncertainty. I'm also just not that curious. 

It's a stressful time, especially since we're under threat of a new lockdown as infection numbers inch upward. A gym on the other side of the next town has closed for a few days due to an infected person. Mostly it's supermarkets and restaurants with indoor dining that have been named as potential vectors. HS winter sports has been postponed until January although I haven't figured out how high-risk and low-risk is determined. Hockey is high risk but track is not? 

Temps are mostly in the high 20s with a bitter wind chill that makes me hesitate to take the dogs to the park later. I do eventually take them, just as everyone else is leaving. Pups get to greet canine pals and then watch them drive away. We have the park to ourselves. Barking alerts me to a few wild turkeys in the woods across the park road. I wouldn't even have noticed them except for the rapt attention of dogs who are looking for playmates. We stay 45 minutes and then I'm too cold to stand outside any longer. Meanwhile, dogs exhibit play behavior I've not seen before: one digs up a tennis ball buried in the leaf litter and chases it when it rolls away. He's never shown any interest in balls at home. 

Today, I cut back my number of pushups to just 25. It's not even vaguely strenuous. The sciatic pain is mostly intermittently annoying now with no intervention other than a lot of cardio exercise and some stretching. The ClimbMill is set to Speed 6 but hovers between 55 and 57 steps per minute. I'm drenched after 15 minutes. I should probably still look up physical therapists in my healthcare plan and make an appointment... 


18Nov2020
Frigid Wednesday

Precor elliptical
35 min
Program 3
HR 91, 157, 202
Cal 318
Distance 2.86

Crunches x 60 x 2
Piriformis Stretch
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Plank 60s
Pushups 25
Quick Mat Stretch

DB raises supersets
lateral standing 15 lbs x 15 x 4
reverse inclined flys 15 lbs x 20 w/u
20lbs x 20 x 3

Matrix Step
Speed 6
Min 15
HR 122
Cal 121
Steps 830
Floors 51

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...