Friday, November 6, 2020

Bowing to Pain

Is it shingles or sciatica or did I hit the jackpot with both simultaneously? The pain in my right glute and calf makes it difficult to stand for any length of time. It's not bad if I'm moving, and the faster the better. Pedaling like a demon on the elliptical is absolutely okay. But I'm trying to avoid doing anything that will exacerbate the discomfort so I'm cautious during Bird Dogs and I completely skip Rip Skulls for the unlikely reason that bracing myself when I pull the bar over my head causes my glutes to tense. 

I do knock out another 50 push-ups today. Once my shoulders warm up, I find myself adding a few more reps to the last set of standing lateral raises. I may add a few more sets to this routine next week. I'd like to end with a bout on the ClimbMill but a girl is draped over the machine. She's new, tall, skinny, young, and usually with her boyfriend. She seems amazingly weak and exhibits really bad form when she's using DBs in the Aerobic Room, but I guess you have to start somewhere...

My glute is throbbing so much that I don't even consider using the cross-trainer for the last 15 minutes. I manage to sneak in 10 hammer-grip pull-ups but I can't let my legs hang: the right glute complains unless I curl my knees forward as I pull up. It's a bare minimum Friday, unusually warm and sunny for November. The most comfortable position is sitting with my knees bent. Legs fully extended just cause more discomfort. Hamstring stretches don't help. (They're loose enough anyway.) I'm wondering if yesterday's X-rays will show anything... 

6Nov2020
Balmy Friday

Precor elliptical
35 min
Program 3
HR 113, 192, 145
Cal 316
Distance 2.85

Crunches x 60 x 2
Piriformis Stretch
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Plank 60s
Pushups 50
Piriformis Stretch
Quick Mat Stretch

DB raises supersets
lateral standing 15 lbs x 15 x 3, x 20
reverse inclined flys 15 lbs x 20 w/u
20lbs x 20 x 3

HGPU 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...