Monday, November 16, 2020

Social Graces

It's official. The dogs have more friends than I do. Kidding. But now that they've discovered the Bark Park and a regular group of friendly canines, they are loathed to leave even when they're too tired to do anything other than chew on some errant twigs. Well, that's true of one of them. The dogs seem to switch personalities once they're in the park: the shy one is bold and the bold one is more reserved. After nearly two hours, I can finally leash them and take them home so I can take myself to the gym. It's well past noon by the time I get to work out but all the cardio machines are unoccupied so I choose the elliptical. 

It's freezing inside, mostly because the back door is open. Temps dropped into the 30s last night, after torrential rain, high winds, and a tornado warning. Even with the sun ablaze this morning, there's a frosty breeze that makes the 50F deceiving. Plus, my sciatica has been bothering me all weekend. I need to find a physical therapist and make an appointment if only to learn what exercises and movements they recommend. I didn't work out this weekend but I consider walking both dogs simultaneously twice good enough exercise. Combined weight of eighty pounds of hyper puppers is a lot of dog. It's good that they don't know to coordinate with each other--then I'd be in trouble! (The Y-shaped split lead attachment has more than paid for itself.) 

Everything is fairly routine today, except I skip the last 15 minutes of cardio because I really don't want to spend all afternoon in the gym. It's filling up with teenage boys and I'm happy to have the women's locker room to myself. However, I plan to change the routine tomorrow by heading to the gym directly after driving my son to the school bus stop. I'll get back to the house by mid-morning, just in time to take puppers to the park to meet their friends. They'd rather play than eat breakfast anyway. 

16Nov2020
Frigid Monday

Precor elliptical
35 min
Program 1
HR 75, 89, 141, 182
Cal 313
Distance 2.82

Crunches x 60 x 2
Piriformis Stretch
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Plank 60s
Pushups 40, 5, 3, 2
Piriformis Stretches
Quick Mat Stretch

Smith Inclined Press
Bar (30) x 15
+20 x 20
+40 x 20
+50 x 15

Seated Cable Row
70 lbs x 15 reps
85 x 12
92.5 x 10, 10, 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...