Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Whacking Tuesday

It's downright cold this morning as I fumble for the light switch. My phone tells me that it's 38F, but the actual thermometer reads 42. At least there's no frost on my windshield. I dose myself with the black elderberry syrup and drink half my coffee. Tuesdays are always really long days and I'm dreading this one. The Nexersys appears to be working so I'm glad I brought my gloves, wraps, and tape. I'm still sick so I also have a big wad of tissues in my pocket.

I'm surprisingly warm after 10 minutes on the elliptical. Changing my shoulder warmup to one that is upright is slightly more exhausting. But only momentarily. Stretching advises me that my left hip seems tight today. Because I use a traditional stance where my left is forward, there'll be more pivoting from the right side. Afterward, I don't notice my hips at all so they must've loosened up during the rounds.

7r Beginner
Today I don't black out the screens at all. Nor do I get a Hitting Too Hard warning. Because I'm pulling my punches. Because I don't want to break the stupid machine. After each session, the machine performs a rudimentary and ineffective analysis, telling me to "amp it up to get to the next level" while simultaneously advising me to cut rounds and work on my stamina and pacing.

7r Intermediate
This analysis neglects to include the fact that the Lead Dig has a defunct sensor so neither Lead Digs nor any combo including Lead Digs will register. And that the Lead Kick sensor only works sometimes. Or that the Cross arm is askew and the tiniest bit broken. It's amusing only because a better system would take all these things into account. This machine is old, and Nexersys no longer supports it with parts or software upgrades. Instead, they want you to buy some of their other machines. And we know that's not gonna happen.

from The Washington Post
Still, I enjoy my rounds whacking the machine. After a quick stretch to delay knotty shoulders, I'm off to take a leisurely drive back home. It's a beautiful day with bright sunny skies and brilliant colored foliage. Except, my head's a bit off, the equilibrium out of sorts. I think it's the coming nor'easter. Except, the current barometric reading (according to the weather app) is a pleasant 30.18 in. The range is a high of 32.01 to a low of 25.9 in, so it can't be that, can it? Or can it?

Whacking Tuesday

10 min x-trainer
Calories 90
Miles 0.81
HR 147-173 (75)

Up, Front & Side Raises
5lbs x 15 x 2

Mid-Band Pulls 15
High Band Pulls 15
Cage Stretch

Nexersys FM (gently!)
Beginner 7r
Intermediate 7r

Quick Mat Stretch


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...