Friday, October 4, 2019

Well, We'll Try This Again Next Week

My adopted pup is due to arrive any moment so I'm keeping this post short. I only did one session of cardio, my basic core routine, and then did a number of shoulder exercises with DBs. After a vaguely painful warmup doing shoulder presses with light (10 lbs each) DBs superset with front raises, I leaned back on an inclined bench and tried those Inclined DB Lateral Raises. Maybe 10 lbs was too ambitious. There was considerable strain on the front (anterior) deltoid and even the pectoralis where it inserts into the armpit. I did one set and then grabbed the 20s to do my usual DB superset of lateral raises and reverse inclined flys.

I was sorely tempted to do another 15 minutes on the elliptical, just like I was also tempted to stop off at the store to pick up a few items. But then I realized that I'm always cutting my timing too close. Besides, I'd rather spend the time tidying up. The dog and his mom are stuck in traffic and running late. No rush. It's not like I'm going anywhere.

Friday Shoulders Plus

30 + 5 cd elliptical
Program 2
Miles 2.81
Calories 3.10
HR 141-186 (114, 87, 126)

Cage Stretch

Elbow Plank 60s
Crunches 60/60
Bicycles 60
Horizontal Scissors 60
Side Planks 2 x 60s
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s

DB Shoulder Press s/s Front Raises
10 lbs x 12 reps x 3 sets
DB Laterals Incline Laterals
10 lbs X 12 (strains front delt)

DB Laterals s/s Rev Incl Flys
20lbs x 12/15 reps x 4 sets

Mat Stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...