Thursday, March 22, 2018

Time to Get Serious. Again.

As far as we're all concerned up here, Nor'easter Toby was a bust. No snow until 7 pm which meant a loss of a school day for no good reason. There was a 2-hr delay this morning, which gave me ample time to clear the 4-6 inches of overnight snow off my car, driveway and walkway. Of course, with temps rising to the mid-40s, most of that snow is melted now. The delay did not, however, give me enough time to eat breakfast because once I had driven my son down the hill to the school bus stop, I figure I'd just keep going, and get to the gym early. The roads were clear, but slushy, and my son was wearing sneakers because gym class today, wearing his backpack with the school-issued chrome book and assorted textbooks, and carrying both his viola and binder.

The gym was relatively empty and I was surprised. I heard other parents complain about 3-hr delays this morning, causing them to miss their exercise classes. It doesn't actually register with me what missing breakfast means until later in the day when I'm having trouble focusing on my workout. It's not that I'm tired, but I feel less energetic, as if there'd been no caffeine in my morning brew. My day already sucks because the Tire Pressure sensor lit up as I drove to the gym. Ugh. Now I'm forced to make a pit stop at the Valvoline just to get my pressures checked. I'll do that later...

Three out of four ellipticals are occupied by a very chatty group of women, so I opt not to ascend that last machine. Even with music at full blast, I'd still be able to hear every word of their inane conversation. I get on the new cross-trainer instead. It's okay. I only dislike it now because neither my phone nor my water bottle fit into the assigned spaces. Ironic that I, one of the smallest people here at the gym, probably have the biggest damn phone (6+) and water bottle (1.5 liters). Warm up completed and I'm standing in front of the Nexersys debating whether to go with 3 rounds of Sparring or not. I go with Not. Because I don't have the energy. Ugh. This is the last time I skip breakfast!

Instead, I do the old routine of 7 rounds Beginner Follow Me, then 7 rounds of Intermediate Follow Me. I don't actually get sweaty until round 7 of the first set. I do blank the machine several times, and decide to randomly punch and jab anyway, because honestly, what do I have to lose? Before the last round of the last set is over, my headphones start to sputter. And then they die. Ugh. I hit the button and the lovely lady voice purrs, "Power off." My iPod works fine. It's the bluetooth headphones that have suddenly lost their bluetooth ability. They still power on and off, but don't connect to anything. It's too late in my workout to retrieve wired headphones so I do my pull ups and Mat Stretch to the ambient gym music which is called Throwback Thursdays. Still, some nice tunes. I catch Billy Idol's Catch My Fall in the background. But I feel very weak doing pull ups, and can only count 23 full ones. The last 3 reps are a struggle just to get my nose past the bar. Ugh.

The gym scale is not kind either, telling me that I'm getting fat at 113 lbs. Double ugh. You know you're gaining belly fat when there's more depth to your navel than usual. Seriously. I haven't logged my food into My Fitness Pal since we lost power two weeks ago. Time to start again, and become more accountable. Again. I get home and my glaucoma doc needs to reschedule my appt because she's taking her mom to the oncologist. Uh oh. Her office reschedules me for tomorrow afternoon. Well, at least I can get a workout in beforehand. I think I need to do more cardio...

Thursday Boxing
No breakfast

10 min x-trainer
Calories 79
Miles 1.09

T, Y & I Raises
3lbs x 15
5lbs x 15

Mid Band Pulls 15
High Band Pulls 15

Nexersys Follow Me program
7r Beginner
7r Intermediate

HGPU 23 + 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...