Friday, March 2, 2018

Another Bomb Cyclone

I got to the gym yesterday and decided that I would do the thing I hate most: Intervals. It's always slow-going at first. I need the first few minutes to warm up before I can actually "kick into gear." I'd already taken a day off this week, but knew I'd have to take the morning off on Friday for a phone meeting with my tax prep person. Yes, it's that time of the year again! I'd heard about a storm brewing in the West, but the news media is so geared towards sensationalism that it's hard to take them very seriously. We all figure there'd be a lot of rain. There's been a lot of rain lately anyway. But yesterday was actually quite a nice day.

After Intervals, I got to the basics like pull ups. The Mat was occupied so I wandered off to the classroom, which was empty and very well air-conditioned. After push ups and core, I took a few photos with the timer function on my phone. But I don't quite have a feel for it yet. At some point, I'll drag a bigger mat into this room and video my Mat routine just so I can see what it looks like from another perspective. Always room for improvement and tweaking positions!

I use the StepMill and then the Expresso Bike, because, duh, Cardio Day. Somewhere I read a headline proclaiming researchers link better workouts to music. Well, DUH. Another grant-burning study. I know there's ample job opportunities for grant writers seeking funding.

The rains don't start until 9 pm, just as my son and hubs and I are leaving a Cub Scout function where half our Boy Scout Troop volunteered to help them with their charity event. It's 37F and flood warnings are in effect. At 5 am I get the call that school has been cancelled due to weather. What? Yep, there's snow on the ground. And blowing sideways through the trees. At 30F, the snow is wet like ocean sand. I take the dog out at 9 am and my hubs drives to work. Down the road, a truck has slid sideways and blocks the road, it's tail end headed towards the tiny stream that runs parallel to the road. Well, looks like it's gonna be an exciting day! The winds are crazy and visibility sucks. The local news calls this a Bomb Cyclone Nor'easter. Oh jeeze... what happened to blizzards? This is Winter Storm Riley, coming in like a Lion!

Yesterday I snapped a few photos before I went to the gym. My hair isn't tied back, and the harsh lighting in my hall really brings out all the aging features of my face. So not flattering! But it also highlights my arms better. I want to see what other people see when I'm walking through the gym because I notice a lot of the old guys staring. And I know it's not because I'm just "another pretty face." I'm pretty dam scary if I do say so myself. Lol!
Thursday Cardio Day

30 elliptical + 5cd
Intervals
Calories 348
Miles 3.06

HGPU 26
Push Ups 60
Elbow Plank 60s
Side Planks 2 x 60s
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s
Elbow Plank 60s

15 StepMill
Level 5/6
Calories 113
Floors 47
Total Steps 767

Expresso Bike
Lost Trail 2.9 miles 435 ft
Time: 17:10
Calories: 83

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...