Thursday, March 29, 2018

Running On Fumes

Since my hubs has gone full fat / no carbs and I have trouble with fatty foods, you'd think we'd have the perfect balance of meals. He's cooked bacon so many times that I now find myself wrinkling up my nose and flat out turning it down. I still like having avocados with mashed garlic though. Last night I put that atop a baked russet potato. It felt like a treat. This morning I ate my standard coffee with fixings, and skyr yogurt with vitamins. So I wasn't expecting the crash halfway through my "kickboxing" workout!

With one minute to go on Round 2 of the Intermediate set, I suddenly feel all my energy drain away. Like pulling the plug out of the bath and watching the water spiral down the drain. Weird and a bit disconcerting! I'd felt perfectly energetic right up to that moment. Perhaps it was the 3 rounds of Sparring? I haven't done that in a while, and I avoided wasting my punches on the one sensor that only registers blows sporadically. Actually, less than sporadically. I still finished the set. And, in spite being ravenous enough to eat my hand, I managed to squeeze out my hammer grip pull ups. But I didn't have the energy for the Mat Stretch.

I admit that my legs are a bit stiff and sore today, but nothing painful. It's just a vague reminder of yesterday's workout. I get home and make myself a bowl of oatmeal, fully intending to let it cool enough so I can add whey powder and not have it cook into a unappetizing gummy mess. I use milk instead of water. And add an egg after a minute so it can poach. Then I decide to add cocoa. It tastes pretty good! But damn I'm tired. Good thing I'm probably not going to the gym tomorrow as the dog has his annual appointment. I'm hoping the dog will last the year, but he's old, and slightly incontinent. His back legs are wobbly, and half the time he won't eat. Still, he's been with us 15 years, so we'll keep him as long as he's able to get up...

Nexersys Thursday

10 elliptical
Calories 96
Miles 0.85

T, Y & I Raises
3lbs x 15
5lbs x 15

Mid Band Pulls 15
High Band Pulls 15

Nexersys
7r Beginner 4FM 3Sp
7r Intermediate FM

HGPU 26

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...