Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Alphabetical Confusion


I had to check several websites before I found what I was looking for: the reason why we're currently experiencing Winter Storm Skylar after storms Riley and Quinn. Storms are named alphabetically, so Q, R and S to follow. However, WS Quinn apparently formed before Riley did, even though we experienced it later...

Click here for the link to the explanatory website...

Meanwhile, school was scheduled for a 3-hour delay at 5 am. Which then became a complete cancellation of the day. Hoping there's school tomorrow! It's Pi Day! And my birthday...

I'm planning to hit the gym (naturally), then meet a friend to check out a new local shop: Florrie Kaye's Tea Room and Gifts. Click here for their website. Not only do they have assorted teas and tea pots, and Brit memorabilia, but they also serve lunch in a high tea fashion. I doubt if I'll be properly dressed, but it'll be a fun and different experience. It was either that or check out the fairly new Curry House a few roads further down. Click here to check them out.


It's 2:05 pm and still snowing... Ugh. Lovely heavy, wet snow! But we're not getting the brunt of it. Places that escaped WS Quinn with just wind and rain are getting snow galore. Just glad it's not us again. Of course, there's still shoveling... And I still need to replace the generator, which, because it's a stand alone unit, will require me to contact the propane company as well as the town. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...