Monday, June 5, 2017

Weary and Wonky

I hate being so tired or distracted that I mess up my lift. Got to the gym really late because my son's middle school had all the kids not taking the 8th grade science final, go to the bus stop at 9:30 this morning. No actual schedule as to when the bus is going to arrive. It obviously isn't going to arrive at 9:30 if every child not at school at 7:30 is at the bus stop. The bus finally arrives at 9:54 am. He's done with school at 1:58. I don't understand how anyone teaches anything in 20 minutes of class time.

I go to the bank and discover that my husband has mis-written the check so that the numerical amount and the legal amount (the written out amount) don't match. They tell me that by law, they must honor the legal amount, which is $400 less than the actual numerical amount. Ugh. My hubs is away for two weeks, which means he misses my photography show reception and then some. Let's just say he's not in my good graces at the moment.

I get to the gym and decide to squeeze in as much of a Push Day as possible. Everything is fine until I forget to add plates to my bench. So I'm psyched to push 120 lbs, but it's only 100 lbs. I'm stunned at how easily the bar goes up until I realize my mistake. Ugh! When I finally push 120 lbs, it's a lot harder than it should be. The shoulder has been rough all morning even though I don't think I stressed it at all during the weekend. But I could be wrong.

The achy shoulder cuts Smith Inclined Benching short. I manage to muscle through the DB laterals super set without too much angst. I skip the Rip Skulls because they can be hard on the shoulder as well. I'd rather spend 20 minutes on the elliptical, and then wide pull ups.

I need to start working on my July photo show now, and it's hard to concentrate on the day to day things that need to be done... 

Monday
3.7 miles Push Day

15 min x-trainer
Calories 72
Miles 1.96

HGPU 30 -- Rt shldr achy
Knee-Ins 50
Push Ups 50
Crunches 3 x 50
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s
Side Planks 2 x 60s

T, Y & I raised
15 x 3lbs, 5lbs

Smith Flat Bench
Bar (30) x 15
80 x 13
100 x 12 x 2 Ugh!
120 x 8
90 x 25

Smith Inclined Press
Bar x 15
50 x 12
70 x 12
60 x 12

DB Laterals s/s Rev Incl Flyes
20/25lbs x 12/15reps x 2 sets
20/25 x 12/20reps

20 min elliptical
Program 1
Calories 198
Miles 1.74

WHGPU 20

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...