Thursday, June 22, 2017

I Already Know I'm A Bull Dog

I'm like a dog worrying a bone when I've fixated on something. And I've been called bull headed, and bull dogged. Even been told I have bull dog legs once. After the Gym Owner told me that he thought the email for the Nexersys company was an automated system that he didn't want to deal with, I went home and contacted the company via FB. Because they've been fairly responsive when I message them that way. I get told to use the email system. Twice. So I compose a brief summary of all the problems with the two broken machines and hit Send.

A few hours later I get an email back from a different person at the company wanting to know more pertinent info, like the serial numbers and date of purchase of the machines. Sounds reasonable to me, except of course, these aren't my machines and I'm not responsible for the cost of replacement parts. So I print out the email and bring it to the gym with me. Gym Owner is training the new Client, so his staff puts the printout in his office. He can ignore it, or follow through. I've done as much as I can to get these machines fixed.

Today I use the cross-trainer for 10 minutes to warm up, instead of the elliptical. I get warmer on the latter machine, but I wanted to get the arms moving. I still used the 3 and 5 lb baby bells to do basic shoulder exercises before a quick hamstring stretch. The machines are still broken. I'm not at the gym in the evenings when it's really busy so I don't know if anyone other than me is whacking the disabled left machine. The right machine still has the Out of Service sign hanging off it.

I took a baby dose of creatine this morning, with my high protein yogurt and vitamins. My hubs and I were discussing supplements. The melatonin worked well for him last night. He keeps meaning to get up early and work out before heading to the office, but I suspect he's still catching up on his sleep. I'm perfectly fine with a strong cup of coffee for my morning stim. He's tried C4 and it makes him jittery and crazy. So that went in the trash. I'm too sensitive to even think about stims like that. Coffee is just fine with me, and it can't be black either. Because massive heart burn and stomach pain.

We have two containers of creatine. One is flavorless, and contains additional "vitamins". He says the orange-flavored creatine is gross. I tell him I'll try that one since it doesn't have any additional "vitamins" in it. I'm curious about it after reading an article in T-Nation that says you don't have to pre-load anymore. As little as 1-2 mg per day is enough to see a 10-15% increase in muscle size and strength. I'm willing to test this out. This morning I mix 1/4 tsp in a cup of plain water, which amounts to 1.25 mg of creatine. It is gross-tasting, but at least it's only two gulps. I chase it down with my 22 gm protein yogurt laced with maple syrup and tart dried cherries.

The quick rise in temperature means I start sweating before my 5 rounds of Beginner is over. By the end of the 2nd session of Intermediate is done, I'm drenched. I feel pretty good though. Except that I'm starving! Aaargh! I had switched back from the fruity Chobani greek yogurt to the Cabot greek style yogurt because the latter has nearly twice as much protein, which I reckon would keep me full longer. It's worked, until now. (I do love the lemon meringue flavored Oikos though... it's like eating dessert.) I knock out the pull ups and then I'm done. Yaaay me!

The gym scale reads 110.6 lbs. Hmmm. Meanwhile a girl is venting on her cell in the locker room about an old man who positioned himself behind her in the mat area, and then yelled at her for cracking her gum. She yelled back at him that she paid just as much as he did to use this facility, and who told him to position himself right behind her anyway? This is what headphones are for: blocking out gum-cracking girls, and nasty old men.

I get home and the driveway is luscious with the scent of honeysuckles. There are really big bees now, more than twice the size of the little guys humming in the hedges. Everything is good.

Thursday

10 min x-trainer
Calories 47
Miles 1.21

T, Y & I Raises
3lbs x 15
5lbs x 15

Nexersys
5r Beginner
5r Intermediate
5r Intermediate

HGPU 31

2 comments:

  1. Try Optimum Nutrition creatine monohydrate. Unflavored. Dissolves well in my morning coffee with cream and sugar. Can't taste anything. No residue in the mug either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. We already have two jars of creatine though, so I don't really want to purchase yet another jar of stuff...

    ReplyDelete

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...