Friday, June 23, 2017

I Hope This is The Creatine

My hubs wants me to try his SuperBeets. He claims that it works well as a stim without all the jitteryness. He actually got up this morning and did some cardio in the garage before heading out to his office! I think he's finally gotten his sleep cycle fixed. Of course, I wake up to pee at 3:30 nearly every night. I don't stay awake, but I'm a light sleeper so when the trash truck came barreling down the road at 6:25 am, I was awake. I'm often awake before the alarm goes off. Then I just doze until I really have to get up, and get my son to the school bus stop. Today is the last day for that.

Monday he starts day camp so I'll have to drive him to be there by 9 am. It's only 20 minutes from the house. Yesterday, my son's late night habits caught up with him. After kung fu, he became snippy and sullen. Then he crashed and fell asleep for 4 hours. When he woke, it was 11:30 pm and he wondered what he had missed besides dinner. Still, he managed to fall asleep again and I had to rouse him twice for school, not that the last day does anything but allow kids to see their friends one last time before summer vacation.

I increased the creatine today to 1/2 tsp which amounts to 2.5mg mixed in a cup of water. It still tastes like bad Tang, but it's not the worst thing I've ever drank. I don't feel any different, except that later today, I find that I weigh more, and the clothes I tried on (to make sure they fit) and put in my gym bag, feel tight after my workout. I doubt if it's due to being "pumped". I'm hoping it's a side effect of the creatine because today the scale read 111.4 lbs, which is a bit alarming.

The other side effect is that for two days in a row, I've had the uncomfortable urge to go pee while I'm in the middle of my workout. That's not usually the case, especially since I'm careful to empty my bladder before I even drive to the gym. The urge passes, but it's very annoying. I'm still really hungry after my workout too. Another annoyance.

Today I had intended to do a Big Lift Day, but people kept getting in my way. It's really crowded today, especially with people I don't normally see at this time. I do 15 minutes on the cross-trainer and wish I'd done 30 because a tall, skinny old guy is hanging off the Stretch Cage. He's taking a really long time. I do knee-ins, and then push ups at the mat. He's still stretching. Ugh. The Smith is occupied. But the Step Mill is open. I do 15 minutes there, just as the old guy heads off to the locker room. Grrrr. I'm not the type to leap off a machine I've just started.

Finally, at least the Smith is free now. I do Flat Benching. Then Inclined Benching. My legs are stiff and I'm not sure if it's from kickboxing the machine, or from the lat Pull Day. Either way, I'm not in the mood for RDLs. There are 3 or 4 high school boys at the DB racks, and one of them is has the adjustable inclined bench flat. Which means I stay at the Smith just to use the inclined bench there for the Reverse Inclined Flyes.

Every time I see someone doing skull crushers, I want to tell them to do Rip Skulls. But I don't. Because I don't have any urge to make my gym session any longer than it already is. I get on the elliptical for 20 minutes, and then, finally get my set of pull ups done.

At the supermarket I see Frosty Paws and other frozen pet treats next to the dietetic ice cream. I know there's a refrigerator in the pet food aisle, but perhaps that's solely for the raw food brands? I buy two boxes of frozen fruit bars and some ice cream because my son insists on dessert after supper. Normally this isn't an issue, but now with the creatine, perhaps I need to modify my diet? Ugh...

Friday
3.61 miles
Really crowded

15 min x-trainer
Calories 72
Miles 1.88
Should've done more cardio to kill time

Knee-Ins 50
Push Ups 60

StepMill
15 min
Total floors 50
Calories 120

Smith Flat Bench
(No DB warmup)
Bar (30lbs) x 15
80 x 12
100 x 12
120 x 12
90 x 25

Smith Inclined Bench
Bar (30lbs) x 15
50 x 15
70 x 12
80 x 12

DB Laterals s/s Rev Incl Flyes
20/25lbs x 12/15reps x 3 sets

Rip Skulls
40lbs x 12reps x 3

20 min elliptical
Program 3
Calories 197
Miles 1.73
Average Heart Rate 135

HGPU 31

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...