Friday, August 19, 2016

Fatigue as Stimulant

Haven't given up
on this tank top yet.
I went to the gym yesterday even though I was going to my last Beginner Swim class later in the evening. 15 rounds of whack the machine had me panting hard and sweaty. But that's always just a temporary condition. I only did 20 min on the elliptical to save some energy for later. But I remembered to see how far I could get after doing 30 reps. That meant rep 31 was from a full extension. And so on. I made it to 35. Rep 36, I at least got my nose to the bar. I'm counting it.

At swim, I actually learned how to tread water for the first time. It's a lot harder than I thought it would be! I also worked on trying to coordinate my stroke with breathing during freestyle, aka, the American crawl. I guess I'm a lot more serious than other people who take this class. Yesterday there was only one other lady, a perfectly nice retired woman. But I wish she'd stop talking long enough to pay attention. She's so caught up in her head that she can't follow instructions correctly. We all have this problem to a degree, but I'm losing patience with her because I'm afraid she'll accidentally drown me in her confusion and panic. I'm best when I'm not thinking too hard about what I'm suppose to be doing. And I'm best when I'm practicing on my own. Yeah, just reinforces the idea that I'm not truly a "class person". But we all knew that. I'm quite pleased, but worried that Friday's workout is going to suck...

Thursday Workout

10 min warm up
0.84 miles
95 calories

15 rounds Nexersys

20 min elliptical
1.65 miles
183 cal

HGPU 36!


5 rounds Beginner (totally awesome!)

5 rounds Intermediate (some glitches)
 

5 rounds Advance (eventually I found my rhthym)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...