Monday, August 22, 2016

Abbreviated Workout Day One

I was pedaling on an unfamiliar LifeFitness cross-trainer today. That's my excuse for not quite making 6 miles. That, and the fact I really hate it when my right foot goes numb so I was taking it easy. I had my son in the Child Care room with a lot of toddlers. He found himself a corner, put his headphones on and fired up his laptop. He's such a good kid.

Because I only have two hours to get everything done, and change and shower, I'm in a mad rush. Again, the first set of Hammer Grip Pull Ups is hard, but I've been raising the bar ever so slightly. Now my standard set is 31 pull ups. I'm not really happy with my push ups, but I knock out a hundred reps straight through without having to pause for rest or breath. Crunches and planks are for resting. Knee-Ins are for resting, and a sore tail bone. I have to be careful not to do that last exercise too often or I'll develop an abrasion. It's painful, and not in a good way.

I'm back on the cardio platform, but this time it's 30 minutes on the Precor elliptical. I punch in Program #1 and start pedaling. I'm actually kind of tired, and sore even though we didn't do much this weekend except walk around the 16th Annual Daniel Nimham Intertribal Pow Wow at Veteran's Memorial Park. Bought some cool things, and tried "fry bread" for the first time. Also ate some of the best corn bread ever, freshly poured into a pan and fried up like a pancake. Absolutely yummy!

I just have time for a quick hamstring stretch, and then onto the last set of pull ups. It's always easier once I warm up, and I'm absolutely drenched. I make it all the way to 40 before dropping into a full extension, and then one more pull. 41. Done! A quick shower and my son is NOT the last child in the child care room today. Yaaay!

Tomorrow we have orientation at the middle school, and then I promised to take my son to see Sausage Party. He's very mature for 11. I think he can handle it.

Monday Workout
(5.92 miles total cardio)

 30 min X trainer
130 cal
3.44 miles
6.85 average spd

HGPU 31

Knee-In 50
Push Ups 100
Crunches 3 X 50

Bird Dog Plank
2 X 60 sec

30 min elliptical
Prgm 1
277 cal
2.48 miles

HGPU 41

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...