Monday, August 1, 2016

Cardio Without Even Trying

We spent the weekend being tourists in NYC and had a great time, although we walked so much that I'm actually a bit sore today. Okay, so maybe averaging 6+ miles a day shouldn't really be so arduous, but my hips are stiff, and because we marched through the rain yesterday, I acquired a few bloody blisters from wet footwear. As much as I love my Keene sandals, they're not good for urban hiking in a downpour. We walked from Times Square up to the Met on Saturday, then took an uber back because weren't going to make it to the restaurant in time otherwise. Sunday was more leisurely. We walked down to the Village and back. Each trek was approximately 40 blocks, which translates into approximately 2 miles. Manhattan is the easiest place to do this type of urban hiking!

Neither my husband nor I have time to make coffee this morning before he has to leave for work and I have to drive my son to camp. My head hurts and my face feels oddly puffy. I need coffee. Starbucks has once again revamped their decor, and even with less than 3 customers, it takes an inordinately long time to get just a tall dark with room for milk. Then I pour out an inch of coffee because they never listen to you when you tell them you need room for milk.

I get to the gym feeling better now that I'm mildly caffeinated and hear some woman heaving her guts out in the bathroom. Eew! She is literally sprawled on the floor around the side of the toilet because I can see her hands and legs under the stall... There's only three stalls and luckily she's in the closest one, so I take the furthest one. I always need to use the bathroom after coffee!

I cut my time on the cross-trainer to just 15 minutes. It gets the job done — I feel sweaty enough. Today is a Push Day, and although I've been thinking about adding DB Flyes to the routine, I haven't actually done it. I'm not sure there's a benefit to this movement. I know that I can actually hurt my shoulders and where my biceps originate, so there's a downside. Instead, I stick to my standard Push Day exercises. I cut back on the weight for the Rip Skulls at the end because there's no reason to do a weight that's going to aggravate one's elbows.

Tomorrow I'm taking my son to the movies... I can use the rest.

Monday Workout
(4.45 miles cardio)

15 min Xtrainer
69 cal
1.87 miles
7.48 av spd

HGPU 31

Knee In 50

Push ups 100

Crunches 3x50

Bird Dog Planks
2 X 60 sec

Smith flat bench
15x30
12 X 80, 100, 120
25 X 90

Smith incline bench
15 X 30, 50
12 X 70
3 X 12 X 80

DB Lat s/s Rev Incl Flye
20 X 3 X 12/20

Rip Skulls
12 X 30
3 X 12 X 40
Elliptical
30 min
Prgm 3
292 cal
2.58 miles

HGPU 31



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...