Friday, May 27, 2016

Getting In My Own Way...

The fellow from the generator company showed up at 8:15 this morning just as I was about to take the dog for his morning walk. I hadn't even had my coffee yet. I'm afraid that the portable French press coffee maker has spoiled me for instant now. I've been using pre-ground espresso Cafe Bustelo and it has a kick-ass caffeine buzz. Nope, instant is just like drinking dishwater now....

Post Workout
The good news is that it's probably the voltage regulator that's causing the problem. The bad news is that they need to order the part, and last night our power went out for several hours and we had no serviceable generator to power our fridge, well pump or anything else. Online news reports this morning state that a fire at a substation several towns over knocked out power to about 50,000 homes. And it was hot last night without fans, or lights. Luckily, we have tons of flashlights and candles, and bottled water. This actually forced my son and I to go to bed early at 10 pm. The lights came back on at 1:30 am but my son was sound asleep. The dog didn't wake up either. Just me, roaming the house and turning all the lights off.

My son and I get to the gym with just under two hours left for Child Care services. At least the gym has A/C but just as we arrive, their WiFi goes out. My son has brought his laptop so he's bummed, but he's got games to keep himself busy when he's not viewing YouTube videos. Two hours just isn't quite enough time because it's not just the workout, but the changing and showering as well. I think it unwise to skip the 10 min warm up on the elliptical so I don't. But I cut short my rounds so that I only total 13 and not 15 rounds. I even skip pull ups, and the Step Mill because wrapping and unwrapping takes time. Stashing my gear takes time. Washing and blotting dry this unruly hair takes time. I don't even use the blow-dryer!

Afterwards, my son and I take the 3-page long grocery list my hubs emailed me for our weekend camping trip with the Boy Scots. Good grief. He's still in Boston and won't arrive home until late tonight. I've never been white water rafting before but I figure I'm 56 years old, and if I'm going to try it at least once, here's my chance. I'm so dang tired though... I'm having trouble focusing to get everything packed. Not sure if it's the heat, or the workout. Can't be the workout. I usually do more. Part of me says that this is a whole lot of trouble, and dang it'd better be fun!

Friday Workout
10 min elliptical warm up
13 rounds whacking the Nexersys

(photos posted for actual stats)

5 rounds Beginner


5 rounds Intermediate


3 rounds Advance

2 comments:

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...