Friday, May 20, 2016

What Girls Want

I skipped yesterday and having trouble getting up to speed today, hence the mediocre mileage. But at least I'm not walking. Okay, I shouldn't diss the folks who walk the treadmill every day, although it'd be nice if they actually saw progress. Maybe they're running as fast as they can just to stay in place? Maybe. Sometimes I feel that way too.

Tricep Shot
I've been cutting down on my warm up moves because I honestly spend waaay too much time here. So just a set of push ups, some crunches, and one 4-part set of bird dog planks. And only two sets of pull ups today because the big movements tend to be hard on my joints, specifically elbows, wrists and shoulders.

I hadn't planned to, but I do all my big moves at the Smith today, mostly because it's available and the MaxRack isn't. Smith Bench Press, Smith SLDLs, and finally, a few Smith Split Squats. I also do a few One-Arm Seated Cable Rows, and a full Mat Stretch. The gym is mostly empty because the sun has come out and it's blazingly hot outside, with rain promised for later this weekend.

Animé Hair Girl seems distracted today. Like most girls, she doesn't appear to have any muscles until she's actually using them. Because I've seen her curl 30 lb DBs, I know she's got them. But she must be frustrated that she has to flex in order to see anything. However, she does have a nice shape, but maybe she's after something more.

I know what girls want... they want visible muscles without having to flex for them. I have the luxury of a body that retains muscle fairly well. I don't need to constantly work out to look like I do, but I'm careful not to get cocky about it. I don't want to look like most of the people in my gym, the people who don't show any change from day to day, week to week, month to month. When I work out, I work out hard. I don't need to grunt, or push massive amounts, but there's little rest and no chatting. It works well for me, and I hope it inspires the other gals to do the same.

There's an interesting HS couple at the gym that I've been watching lately. They're both young, pale and lanky, and he's trying desperately to be supportive. He wants to lift weights, use the machines, get his beast on. She just looks soooo bored, like she'd rather be doing something else, anything else than be here at the gym. Her posture is terrible, with her hands on her hips, elbows jutting out and an expression of mild disdain. I feel sorry for him, and I wonder how long they'll attempt to do this as a couple. Sometimes you're just better off flying solo.

Single-serve coffee makers brew delicious coffee, but tax my patience. I haven't figured out just how many Starbucks Komodo Dragon coffee beans to grind yet. Today I bought a vacuum bag of Cafe Bustelo espresso to try in the single-serve drip maker. My hubs bought a portable French Press for our impending Boy Scout camping trip. Coffee's important when sleeping in the wilderness!
Grocery shopping today and came across Core Protein by Fairlife, which is owned by Coca-Cola in spite of stating it's Canadian. I bought a vanilla, mostly because I was starving. Tastes like overly sweet milk... no wonder with 26 grams of sugar! I like the 240 calories and 26 grams protein, the 70% RDA calcium, but no one needs 26 grams of sugar. I see on their website that there's a 42 gm protein drink called Core Power Elite with only 7 gms sugar, because it contains sucralose.

Friday Workout
(6.17 total miles cardio; 23,614 lbs moved)

Warm Up
Calorie :   126 CAL
Distance: 3.47 mile
Speed :    6.93 mph
Duration : 00:30:05
209.07
Set 1 : 112x26
100
Set 1 : 100 Lap/Rep
50
Set 1 : 50 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 50 Lap/Rep
Set 3 : 50 Lap/Rep
Knee : 00:00:30
Knee : 00:00:30
Straight Leg : 00:00:30
Straight Leg : 00:00:30
165
Set 1 : 30x20
Set 2 : 80x12
Set 3 : 100x12
Set 4 : 120x10
Set 5 : 90x25
168
Set 1 : 30x15
Set 2 : 80x20
Set 3 : 100x15
Set 4 : 120x12
Set 5 : 120x12
Set 6 : 120x12
98
Set 1 : 30x12
Set 2 : 50x12
Set 3 : 70x12
63
Set 1 : 30x12
Set 2 : 37.5x12
Set 3 : 45x12
Intervals
Calorie :   309 CAL
Distance: 2.7 mile
Duration : 00:30:00
227.73
Set 1 : 112x31

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I wish I had more visible muscle on my upper body, like you do. But at least my legs are good. If I would lose more fat, I would have definition n the upper half.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bikers have awesome legs! :D

    ReplyDelete

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...