Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Slowly but Surely

I wish my hip would pop back into place and be fixed already. It's better today but not 100%. Oddly, the more strenuous the activity, the less it hurts. When I'm pussyfooting gingerly, stepping around the dog, well, that's when it twinges. The temps have dropped into the low 50s so I'd say Autumn is here, even though technically it's not until tomorrow. I'm not quite sure why the date of the Equinox keeps changing either, except it's got something to do with the inexact nature of our time-keeping.

My hip's none too happy with 10 minutes on the Precor elliptical doing warm ups. But it doesn't hurt when I stretch out in front of the Nexersys kickboxing machine afterwards. I immediately log in, go to settings and click on the boxes that disable the warning panels for Tilt and Buzzer. I also see that I have the option of training 10% harder, or 10% easier. Nice! I've already clicked on the Opt Out of Training in the Opposite Stance. You would think that these, by default, would be clicked OFF. It seems counter-intuitive to make Users go into settings just to turn these features off, especially training SouthPaw.

Going rounds without interruption is a whole lot tougher. I like it better. Three rounds of Beginner doesn't do much but warm me up a little. Intermediate is better although my hair clip pops loose during one round and instead of hitting Pause, I lose three blows while I secure the errant barrette. I even do a round at Advance, and enjoy it although I'm at odds with how the machine is scoring my blows. It shows me a big fat Zero for the Jab/Cross/Lead Kick/Lead Kick combination even though total strikes equal number of strikes requested. That doesn't mean the strikes rendered are the exact strikes requested, just that the numbers match up. But I know I hit this combination several times. Hmmm.

I think I'll attempt to do 3 rounds Beginner, 8 rounds Intermediate and 3 rounds Advanced next time. I haven't seen all the different combinations in the Advance Level so I'm a bit worried that there will be strikes I can't do. Like a spinning back kick. Kidding.

Two of the gym staff are on the mountain bike simulators right next to me. I don't think anyone's keeping count because no one's booted me off for going over 7 rounds. Of course, there's rarely a line here anyway. Shaggy is a few yards away, on the cable machine that faces the CF equipment. Meanwhile, two squat burly men disassemble and replace a few of the Matrix Breaker Benches in the free weight area. I never go there anymore since I started doing body weight exercises. I don't miss it either, but I'm not bored with my routine yet. Once my hip reverts to normal, I might add GHRs once a week, or do a different variation for the last set of push ups.

My bulk order of white sports tape is en route. What I should order in bulk is moleskin because I use patches on my bunion and all my knuckles before whacking the machine. I also ordered a big jug of Vanilla Ice Cream 100% Whey Protein (Optimum Nutrition). It's truly a really good tasting vanilla that I can mix in almost anything. I should start eating breakfast again now that it's getting cooler. This morning I had a cup of plain Greek yogurt with a spoonful of maple syrup. And instant espresso. That doesn't explain why I seem to be dropping weight though. Today I'm 110.0 lbs after sucking down most of my water bottle, and not sweating all that much. My abs are flatter and my pants aren't tight anymore. Yaaaay!

Tuesday Workout

10 min Precor warm up = 0.85 miles

Nexersys Follow Me Program
3 rounds Beginner
10 rounds Intermediate
1 round Advance

Photos posted for actual stats:

3 rounds Beginner

10 rounds Intermediate


1 round Advance

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...