Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Off to See the Wizard...

It actually took me over an hour to make an appt with my primary today. The weather (Tropical Storm Joaquin upgraded to Hurricane category 1) seems to have really messed up a lot of travel in the region.

My symptoms are better and worse at the same time. Might just be an unlucky confluence of atmospheric pressure wreaking havoc with my sinuses and ears (dizziness) and stomach issues which can also simulate chest and back discomfort. My stomach feels unnaturally full. Maybe it's gas? But my skin feels tight around my throat and on my chest. Not a good thing. Appointment in 45 minutes. Luckily the rain's not been too bad.

Got an interesting scam call today. The Caller ID shows the caller using my own home phone number. Now that's a new one! More later...

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

My doc suspects inflammation of the stomach/digestive tract and recommends a two-week course of omeprazole magnesium 20 mg, a proton-pump inhibitor (like Prilosec or Zegerid). I think I would've preferred the histamine H2-blocker like Zantec, but it's hard to make the decision standing there in the drugstore aisle when your chest is on fire. Inflammation of the digestive tract would explain the mild queasiness, and even throat itchiness. But she also suspects un-diagnosed allergens that are affecting my throat skin.

I also decide to more proactively treat myself with marshmallow root capsules. Bananas are another food item beneficial to the stomach lining, but I'm not sure if I can stomach eating them right now. Just eating yogurt with maple syrup and raisin toast with coconut oil has given me massive heartburn. Bleah! Maybe it was the coconut oil?

There's no apparent reason not to work out tomorrow, so I'll do cardio and some core. And probably push ups. And maybe see how those pull ups feel. My right pinkie knuckle is a bit sore today. I probably am punching too hard. Jeeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...