Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Lying By Omission

Well, we did NOT see the movie Pixels today, much as my son wanted to, because the theater is selling those tickets full price even though it's "$5 Tuesday". Sony Pictures doesn't allow them to sell discounted tickets to any of their films! It would've been nice if we'd learned that on the web site, but I guess the owner was counting on besieged parents and grandparents giving in to their whining brood and purchasing a slew of full price tickets regardless.

One woman told me she had been planning to spend $15 for her 3 grandchildren and didn't want to disappoint them. So, she wound up spending $24, and not seeing the movie herself. Instead, she got to sit in the concession stand area to wait for them. Sure, it's only $3 more per ticket, but I didn't want to reward them for bad behavior. I'm a mom! Worse, the theater had no showtimes listed, except for a flimsy 8.5x11 sheet of paper taped to a window. And no mention of Sony's policies. By the time you're in line to purchase tickets, you have expectations. It's hard to walk away. But some of us, actually a lot of us, do.

I was hoping to hit the 7 mile mark again, but fell short on the 2nd leg, the Precor elliptical. I did get a good cardio workout, though things need to change for the Core portion. I folded the foam mat in half but I still rubbed my tailbone raw doing sit ups. Of course, I'm wearing different shorts today. It's the seams that are killing me. I'm bored with the Torso Twist machine, and I changed my planks to do them with fully-straight arms, like the top portion of a push-up. It's much easier on the shoulders, but I might add some variations, like lifting opposing arms and legs. It'll break up the monotony of watching the stopwatch.

I see regulars like Shaggy, Tall Mustache, Shazam, PonyTail. I even see someone who looks vaguely like Venus. There are a lot of new people, and a lot of people who come faithfully but never seem to progress. Of course, there are people like the obese woman on the cross-trainer next to me. She would pedal three steps and then stop. Pedal three steps then stop. But her mouth never stopped moving. It wasn't that she was out of breath. She just never stopped talking. And the woman she was talking too was pedaling with good consistency. I'm sure this woman tells her friends that she's at the gym pedaling away but nothing's working for her.

Cardio and Core Workout
(6.87 miles total)

Steady State
Calorie :   145 CAL
Distance: 4.23 mile
Speed :    8.45 mph
Duration : 00:30:04
Set 1 : 50 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 60 Lap/Rep
Set 3 : 80 Lap/Rep

Set 1 : 50x25
Set 2 : 50x25
Set 1 : 00:01:31
Set 2 : 00:01:30
Set 3 : 00:01:31
Perf Prgm #1
Calorie :   302 CAL
Distance: 2.64 mile
Duration : 00:30:00

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...