Thursday, July 16, 2015

Exhilaration Addiction

I freely admit that Thursday is my favorite day because it's the day I get to whack the kickboxing machine. Nothing else I do in my workouts gives me the same exhilaration. Some might says it's the endorphin rush, the body's response to extreme physical stress. I'm not an adrenaline junkie by any means. I don't drive fast, hate roller coasters and water slides. But I love punching and jabbing hard and fast. I'm still frustrated by the Beginner rounds but I think it's prudent to warm up properly before tackling the 8 rounds at Intermediate Level. By the time I get to the last two rounds, I'm feeling really good: breathless, sweaty and extremely happy. No pain, no pleasure!

When I get to the Nexersys station, the gym owner is whacking the other machine, the one no one likes to use. I know he got the machines mostly for himself, but I don't usually see him working out during the day. Luckily, it takes so long for me to tape and wrap my hands, that he's done by the time I'm ready. It's a crowded setup and I can't imagine two of us wailing away simultaneously.

Today I'm feeling a bit of discomfort in the last two knuckles of my left hand. That's new. They don't have moleskin padding under the tape but I've never needed it there before. Otherwise I feel pretty good. Even the stiffness in my left hip is gone. Shaggy hovers too much for my liking. He's at the cable machine a few feet away and keeps pacing behind me. It's annoying and worse, distracting. But what I'm really annoyed with is the Lead Sweep that the machine refuses to acknowledge, driving my accuracy rating down. I see a few other regulars. Creepy PJ Pants is actually wearing shorts and a T-shirt today. He hasn't been here in months and it shows. He literally waddles onto the treadmill.

When I'm done, I take 15 minutes to climb the Step Mill at a leisurely pace and then stretch my lower back. Of course, that translates into me being 10 minutes late to the Child Care Room and my son reprimands me with, "You're over the two-hour time limit, Mom!" Yeah, oh well... next week I'm taking him to see Antman. Should be fun!



Thursday Workout

Warm Up
Calorie :   91 CAL
Distance: 0.82 mile
Duration : 00:10:00

6r Bgnr
8r Intmd
Lap/Rep :  14 Lap/Rep
Duration : 00:56:00
LISS
Calorie :   95 CAL
Flights :  38
Duration : 00:15:00

Photos posted for actual stats:

6 rounds Beginner Follow Me program


8 rounds Intermediate Follow Me program

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...