Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Summer Means Dresses

It's over 80°F and the humidity promises intermittent thunderstorms. So it's feeling quite tropical here. I'm glad there's A/C at the gym. I'm tempted to let my son sleep in and to forgo cardio and abs today, but he wakes up in time for us to rush over there just as two other boys are entering with their mom. "Those are the boys I usually play with," my son whispers to me. So it's a good thing. I'm sure they'll be gone in about an hour. I have exactly two hours to get myself in gear, work out, shower, change and drop my stuff at the car before the movie starts. It's $5 Tuesday and we're going to see the dog movie, Max. It's like those old Disney films where we know who the bad guys are right off the bat. Nothing wrong with that every now and then.

I'm admittedly not as fast as I used to be on the LifeFitness cross-trainer and only log in 3.74 miles. On good days I can reach 4 miles. I'm having trouble getting to bed at a decent hour and no doubt that is impacting my workouts. A quick hamstring stretch and then a turn at the Torso Twist machine. I see a few regulars and a lot of newbies. The fit older lady pulls me aside again to ask me to nag the gym owner about replacing the Stretch Cage. I don't see him today, but assure her that I will. Again, I grab a mat from a pile from the doorway and do sets of sit ups at the Nexersys kickboxing machine. Then sets of planks on the newly vacant foam mats. I have my hoodie and shorts on. My hair is drenched and I'm dripping a big puddle under my face during each plank session. The hoodie zipper hits my thighs uncomfortably when I'm on the elliptical so off it comes. But I'm still drenched when I'm done with the 30 minutes of Performance Program #2. I look like I just climbed out of the pool when I head to the locker room.

I don't have time to stretch, just shower and change. It's so hot outside that I've just got underwear and a loose Hawaiian dress to toss on before retrieving my son for the movies. Tomorrow he has camp, but then we rush off to swim class two towns away. It's a heated pool so I'm contemplating wearing a loose dress again instead of shorts. It's summer after all.

Tuesday Cardio and Core
(6.67 miles total)


Steady State
Calorie :   145 CAL
Distance: 3.74 mile
Speed :    7.47 mph
Duration : 00:30:03

Set 1 : 50x25
Set 2 : 50x25
Stiff-back
Set 1 : 50 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 50 Lap/Rep
Set 3 : 50 Lap/Rep
Set 1 : 00:01:30
Set 2 : 00:01:30
Set 3 : 00:01:30
Perf Prgm #2
Calorie :   258 CAL
Distance: 293 mile
Duration : 00:30:00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...