Friday, July 17, 2015

Time for a Change

Next week will be 10 weeks since I last took a break from my standard 5-day workouts, but that was
only because I got a horrible stomach bug that incapacitated me for 3 days. I'm not quite feeling run-down but I am noticing a waning enthusiasm toward my workouts. I don't let silly things like "motivation" actually affect my workouts though. If I go to work out, I give it everything I've got. Today I totaled  6.45 miles which is not the worst, nor the best I've done. I cut out regular Smith Squats and cut the sets of Smith SLDLs because they seemed non-productive. So that just leaves cardio, Smith Split Squats (which I upped the weight on twice today), a few Smith SLDLs to loosen my back up (what?!), and those dreaded GHRs. Which are still really hard, maybe more so since I upped the weights on Split Squats. Yep, that's how you know that the first movement is really working the muscles you intended.

After 30 minutes of Intervals on the Precor, I did a few Pistol Squats during Mat Stretch. I could do more. Maybe next week I'll just do as many as I can and see what that actually tallies out at. Because the following week I'm inclined to just do an easy cardio week. Yeah, right. Maybe just some bodyweight movements like push ups, and where the heck am I going to do hammer-grip chin ups now that the Cage Stretch is no more. Oh well, I'll figure it out. I may cut back on my blogs as well and just post my routines. This is taking a lot more time than I had expected and there's other things I'd rather be writing about.

Friday Cardio and Leg Routine

Steady State
Calorie :   144 CAL
Distance: 3.78 mile
Speed :    7.55 mph
Duration : 00:30:06
154
Set 1 : 30x12
Set 2 : 80x12
Set 3 : 90x12
Set 4 : 100x12 Yaaay!
Set 5 : 110x12 Yaaay!
168
Set 1 : 30x12
Set 2 : 80x12
Set 3 : 120x12

Set 1 : 12 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 12 Lap/Rep
Set 3 : 12 Lap/Rep
Intervals
Calorie :   306 CAL
Distance: 2.67 mile
Duration : 00:30:00
140.6
Set 1 : 111x8

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...