Thursday, May 21, 2015

How I've Missed This!

It's still relatively cool out for May so I wonder if I should wear something heavier to the gym. Naw, I'm planning to whack the Nexersys machine and if all goes right, I'll be drenched when I'm done.

The gym is mostly quiet and I'm able to get on the elliptical for a 10 minute warm up without any issues. I change the elevation after a minute has passed, and when I'm done I feel good and warm. Excellent! There's no one at the kickboxing machines either, but there rarely is. I'm not sure why. I love whacking this thing!

Today I remember to bring my gloves and wraps. Yaaay! I"ve also already affixed little squares of moleskin to the first two knuckles of each hand, and I wrap white tape around it all to keep everything secure. I like starting with the Beginner Follow Me program as a warm up, but perhaps I should cut back to 5 rounds and add 2 rounds to the Intermediate Program. Especially since the Program Recommendation is for me to add rounds before moving on to the next level. One is only suppose to do 7 rounds and I do 7 of each. But it's not like anyone's waiting in line.

I really love the quickness of the Intermediate level and I'm getting better at the more difficult combinations, especially the Jab followed by a Power Kick which throws you off balance. The machine gets really flaky at the Advanced level, tossing in SouthPaw combinations. I tried it once and there's no way to score properly with such wonkiness.

Hannibal Baggy Knees is on the "mountain bike" simulator adjacent to the kickboxing machine. But he's not distracting until he decides to dismount. Because I hate having people walk behind me when I'm focused on the combinations in front of me. The fellow I call Sunshine in my mind (because he has a big smiling, sun face spare tire cover on his Jeep) glances over from the cross-trainer. He's been working out for the past several weeks with a cast on his forearm. He's down to a brace now. He seems surprised when I peel off all my hand wraps and clamber up to the Step Mill for 20 minutes of LISS. Sunshine is lifting weights. I hear the Mayor before I see him. I'm not sure why some men feel compelled to talk so loudly. It only calls attention to their lack of fitness.

Tomorrow is Leg Day. And the 3rd day this week of HIIT cardio. Oh boy.

Thursday Workout

Warm Up
Calorie :   92 CAL
Distance: 0.82 mile
Steady State
Duration : 00:10:00

Lap/Rep :  14 Lap/Rep
Duration : 00:56:00
Calorie :   107 CAL
Distance: 41 floors
LISS
Duration : 00:20:00

Images posted for actual stats:
7 rounds Beginner Follow Me

7 rounds Intermediate Follow Me

Gratifying to read this, but I'm not likely to add rounds. Unless I get really really bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...