Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Day Two

I haven't posted because I've been felled by the nastiest of stomach bugs. The type of bug that has you up at midnight puking your guts out, and then up every hour thereafter, for a good 8 hours. Sipping just enough water to moisten your lips and unstick your tongue from the roof of your mouth only leads to more puking. Or worse. What I didn't anticipate was how violent vomiting can become. I've experienced petty vascular hemorrhaging under my eyes, making it look like I had mild black eyes. The painful sear on my forehead that feels like a vein might rupture is totally new and has me pressing my hand over my face. Afterwards, I grab an ice pack from the freezer, wrap it in a towel and hold it over my browline. Then I wonder if it's possible to die from a vomiting-induced anuerysm. Yes, the thoughts that run through your head at 4 am while everyone else is asleep.

Today I woke up feeling like a human being and full of plans. I fed and walked the dog and then got my son up for school. I could even walk him to the bus stop without any issues. Yesterday I barely made it back to my driveway before puking. Today I thought I'd actually make it out of my road. But I felt lightheaded once I got back, and if there's one thing that gives me pause, it's how many people die from hitting their heads during a fall. I have some Gatorade and jello. That sits okay. The sip of black tea with milk and honey doesn't. Suddenly I'm exhausted and I have to lay down. Well, that's not boding well for going to the gym any time soon.

I know bananas are suppose to benefit ailing tummies so I eat a few bites. I can barely stand the smell. Yes, when I'm not feeling well, senses like smell and hearing seem heightened. I'm overly sensitive any way and being ill doesn't help. My stomach rumbles in protest. Okay, not ready for bananas. Back to Gatorade and jello. No wonder I have no energy and have to take a nap mid-afternoon. Ugh. I remember speaking to people who fell ill this past winter with a nasty stomach bug that lasted 3 days and recovery took at least a week. I'm hoping this isn't it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...