Thursday, May 28, 2015

Measuring Progress

Hoodie Selfie
Today I got to whack the kickboxing machine, and as always, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Again, I did 7 rounds at Beginner level to warm up, and then another 7 rounds at Intermediate, the faster pace and more complex combinations being much more satisfying. Unfortunately, I seemed to have scored better last week. Still, accuracy and power seem consistent.

I see that the Step Mills are both vacant so I take the opportunity to do 20 minutes of LISS. Even though I've cooled down while stripping off my gloves and wraps, I start sweating while climbing the steps. I'm always surprised at how low intensity plodding can generate so much heat.

The Mat area has become very popular but I'm not as comfortable there since the gym moved the combo dip bar/ab curl chair to the middle of it all. Instead, I wander to the CF area where the Cage used to be. There's an old mat under the trap bar there and a lot more space. Because I haven't done abs in a while, I knock out some machine Torso Twists before I get there. The Flat Bench Lower Ab Knee-Ins have inadvertently abraded a spot just over my tail bone. So no more of those. Instead, I do crunches, bicycle crunches and scissors.

I find out via email that a contest I entered on a whim actually netted me two Billy Idol tickets for tomorrow, but will I go? Probably not even though I love dancing to his music. I imagine he'll be thoroughly entertaining, but I can't manage the trek into the City without anyone to look after my son, making sure he finishes his homework and taking him to the Pop Shop Grand Re-opening at his summer camp. My husband gets back from Boston tonight and will be at work in Connecticut all day tomorrow. He doesn't have the patience for my son's after-school activities. Anything that gets my son out of the house and away from his electronics is a good thing. My son loves jumping on the outdoor Sky Bounce. He'll do that for hours, given the chance. So as much as I'd enjoy dancing by myself (in a crowd), I'll be home. Lately I do my dancing at the gym, in my head.

Thursday Workout

Warm Up
Calorie :   91 CAL
Distance: 0.82 mile
Duration : 00:10:00
7r Bgnr
7r Intmd
Follow Me program
Lap/Rep :  14 Lap/Rep
Duration : 00:56:00
LISS
Calorie :   101 CAL
Lap/Rep :  39 Lap/Rep
Duration : 00:20:00

Set 1 : 50x25
Set 2 : 50x25
Set 1 : 50 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 50 Lap/Rep
Set 3 : 50 Lap/Rep
Photos for actual stats:
7 rounds Beginner

7 rounds Intermediate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...