Monday, March 31, 2014

Sunday Mini-Cardio

I took my son to the gym yesterday because he insisted. He likes all the different cardio machines so we did 20 minutes of rowing on the Concept Erg, 20 minutes on the Precor elliptical, and 20 minutes on the LifeFitness treadmill. I walked. He toggled between jogging, walking and skipping.

He's having a horrible time trying to do pull ups so I showed him Inverted Rows on the Smith Machine. It's hard on his hands: even though his fingers are bigger, his palms are smaller. He fared better with light dumbbells so I showed him a basic DB Press on the flat bench. Of course, since he's shorter than I am, his legs just dangled. I had him bend his knees and put his feet on the bench. After two sets, he wanted to try it with a bar so I let him use the 15 lb weighted bar. Then we went into the empty mirrored classroom for push ups, sit ups and two sets of a whole body DB workout which combines squats, bicep curls and overhead presses. His push ups have improved tremendously.

But then he was pooped, and hungry, and we left. I didn't even bust a sweat. Oh well...

Here's my cardio for Sunday. I still haven't figured out distance rowed on the Erg machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...