Saturday, March 1, 2014

Playing Around

Took my son to the gym today so he could burn a few calories... good thing I knew today was going to be a bust, but hopefully the next time we go, he'll be better acquainted with the equipment so it won't be me constantly stepping down to adjust something for him... Still, I got a bit of cardio in, showed him how to do real push ups (we used the mirrored class room which was vacant except for a few women all doing their own thing), real crunches, side lunges, and dive bomber push ups. We spent time on the Step Mill first because literally every other cardio machine was in use. Then we pedaled on the LifeFitness stationery bikes (not the reclining ones) and finally, used the LifeFitness ellipticals by the front door. I've never used them before, but they have, in fact, less resistance and an easier glide, than the ones up on the cardio platform. He got all sweaty and rosy-cheeked. I was a little damp.

"This is fun. Let's do this next Saturday", my sons to me as we exit the gym. "Okay."

This was of course, post Chinese school and kung fu. Afterwards, we waited nearly an hour for my son to get a haircut so now I can see his face, then to the store to pick up delicious rainbow marzipan cookies to bring to our play date tomorrow, drove a few miles to Johnny Gelato for a treat, and I got myself some Ed Hardy sangria, which is lately the only sangria I like to drink (yeah, I've become a sangria snob — lol).

My son casually asks me as I drive to the gas station to top off the car, "Is this mission creep?". "Absolutely," I tell him.

15-20 minutes Matrix Step Mill = approx 800 steps (I kept having to step down and adjust things for my son so it's hard to know exactly how long or how much was done)
8 min LifeFitness bike = 1.04 miles
12 min LifeFitness elliptical = 1.00 miles

About two dozen push ups, 25 crunches, half a dozen side lunges...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...