Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Cardio Wednesday

Taking heed of my body's inability to recover from BB Rows and Lower Back Extensions adequately enough to manage Smith Squats and Stiff Legged Dead Lifts, I decided to do cardio today instead of Legs. All the Precors were occupied and I never really feel like I've done anything when I pedal the recumbent bike, so I clambered up the Step Mill for 20 minutes. At least I got warm. Then a quick stretch at the Cage, and I'm busy wrapping my hands. I can barely stuff them into my gloves but eventually I secure the velcro at the wrists and tap the Nexersys to start.

The machine is a little finicky today, but seems to register most of my punches and kicks. Most, but not quite all on a consistent basis. It's just a matter of finding the "sweet spot" on the pads. I do my usual 5 rounds Beginner, followed by 9 rounds Intermediate. I may cut back to 3 rounds Beginner only because I get so annoyed with the Warning Buzzer stopping the action because my Cross is too hard. Sometimes it's the Power Dig, but mostly it's the Cross. At the Intermediate Level, I can still stop the machine by punching or kicking too hard, but it's much less often.

I saw two people at the machines yesterday, a man and a woman, who no doubt were boxing independently of each other. That is, they probably didn't come to the gym together. I see a few more couples at the gym lately, mostly guys trying to show their girlfriends how to lift weights. Which is actually admirable and sad at the same time because it doesn't really look like the guys know what they're doing either.

Small Avia Sports Tank
When I'm done, I get on the recumbent bike for 20 minutes. Sweat drips profusely off my nose and onto the hoodie I'm wearing again. Done. The gym scale tells me 112.4 lbs. I'm okay with it. I have too many errands to do this week: finding a craft for the cub scouts to assemble at Friday's den meeting, purchasing a few more of the Large Avia Sports bras if I can find them, returning empty jars of honey to the honey truck and buying a new full jar of dark Pumpkin Blossom honey.

Large Sports Bra
I bought two different sports bras last week and although they fit in the dressing room, it's a different story once you start working out. The Avia is a style I don't normally wear, with thin adjustable bra strap. However, that made the bra fit so much better than the one piece Danskin bra which got tighter as I got sweatier during my back workout. So I'm back at Marshall's to buy another Avia bra, or two. I find the style I bought last week, but it's white. Blech. Instead, I buy the same exact color and style, but size XL because at least I'll have a bra to use if I start to pop out of the Large. Still, I try on and buy a size Small Horny Toad coral pink tank. It drapes nicely although I think it's a little big. Go figure, 'cause I can't... figure out any of this sizing stuff.


Cardio Wednesday Workout

20 min Matrix Step Mill (level 6) = 1069 steps

Cage Stretch

Nexersys 5 rounds Beginner Female Follow Me Avatar program
  Accuracy 91% / Strikes 104% / Average Power 138%

Nexersys 9 rounds Intermediate Female Follow Me Avatar program
  Accuracy 84% / Strikes 101% / Average Power 114%

20 min LifeFitness recumbent bike = 2.18 miles

photos for actual stats


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...