Saturday, February 22, 2014

Saturday Anomaly

After Chinese school and my son's kung fu class, we drove back for a swim birthday party at a local NYSC facility. The invitation had tiny print stating that parents could use the workout equipment while the kids frolicked in the pool. So I did. I was the only parent to make use of this pass, but I'm not surprised. I'd brought my trainers and a hoodie just to wear for this adventure, and my iPod.

I recognized the same Precor ellipticals that are at my gym so I clambered up, figuring I'd do 20 minutes of LISS. But 20 minutes became 30 minutes and it wasn't LISS. It was a regular cardio session. Then I saw that there were step machines, somewhat different and older than the Matrix Step Mill at my gym. So I used that for 10 minutes. It's a bit rickety but it's still a step machine. It's nice that it gives more information at the end, but it's a bit scary that the steps continue to move even when you've hit the Stop button. I was going to stretch out but saw that the kids had already vacated the pool. It hadn't even been a full hour yet! But as they were changing, I got a chance to change my sweaty shirt and put my boots back on. I feel pretty good today.

Saturday Cardio
33 min Precor elliptical = 2.80 miles
10:54 min Nautilus Step Machine = 0.58 miles or 26 floors (go figure)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...