Friday, February 7, 2014

Happy Friday

Because I can't follow the Shred Program this week the way it's written, I decided to do what I want today and put off the last remaining two days for next Monday and Tuesday. Just as well since I hear that there's another whopper of a snow storm due on Wednesday. And what do I do when left to my own devices? Just a mild 20 minutes of steady state cardio on the elliptical, a quick stretch and then rounds on the Nexersys!

I warm up with 9 rounds of Follow Me avatar program at Beginner Female level. Several of my kicks don't register properly so my accuracy is down a little from last week. But I'm really looking forward to upping rounds in the Intermediate level so 5 rounds it is! Again, I get a little confused by all the different strikes and sweeps versus kicks versus hooks versus elbows. But I do a lot better than last week, increasing my accuracy, my strikes and total average power. I'm really happy, thoroughly drenches and probably not a little intimidating. Don't really care. I peel off my gloves on the Mat, pull my hoodie back on and sit on the LifeFitness recumbent bike for 20 minutes while checking email and reading forum posts. Then a quick lower back stretch on the Mat and off to shower! The gym scale reads 113.0 lbs.

The Apple is fixing her makeup and has her bag and jacket flopped across the bench. I tell her that I'm moving her stuff down the bench just so I can sit down in front of my locker while I strip down to shower. She giggles,"Oh, it's just like our own homes." I give her a questioning glance. "You know, we're here so often it's like our home away from home," she says, hoping I'll agree with her. Instead I say quietly because it's a peeve of mine, "I keep in mind that this is a locker room and we all have to share the space, so I try to keep my stuff together." And I gesture with my hands how my gym bag goes back into the locker. She gathers her giant hobo purse and coat and mutters, "Oh yes. And it's a very small locker room too." That I agree with. Am I a bitch or what?

There's nothing more maddening than the outright hypocrisy I hear when everyone thinks I'm just plugged in. "Oh, I'm such a neat-nick at home! Everything has to be in it's place. I'm just compulsive about it!" screams Miss Piggy who has all her stuff strewn all over the locker room, and takes up more space than three gals twice her size. I run into R and wish him a good weekend as I'm exiting the building. He looks cold and vaguely pained. I'm guessing broken bones are sensitive to cold as well as humidity. There's suppose to be more snow on Sunday, but maybe just flurries. I'm hoping.

Friday Workout

20 min elliptical = 1.77 miles
Cage Stretch

Nexersys 9 rounds Follow Me Avatar program Beginner Female
  Accuracy 89% / Strikes 107% / Average Power 128% 
Nexersys 5 rounds Follow Me Avatar program Intermediate Female
  Accuracy 65% / Strikes 97% / Average Power 95%

20 min LISS on LifeFitness recumbent bike = 1.56 miles
Lower back stretch on Mat

photos for actual stats:
9 rounds Beginner Follow Me: got to watch that power because it messes with the Accuracy readings

5 rounds Intermediate Follow Me: getting better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...