Monday, February 10, 2014

Week Three Day Three!

I know it's Monday but I still have two more workouts to do on this Shred Program. Not that I'm getting anything close to shredded. If anything, culinary indulgences have made a mess of my diet plan and I might be just where I started. Sigh.

Today's cardio in 50 minutes
I decide to do Program A today and Program B tomorrow, save Wednesday for boxing and see what happens when the storm hits Thursday. I still hate doing the 20 minutes of HIIT as it's written but I figure it's only one more week so WTH. I'd like it to feel easier but it doesn't and when 20 minutes is over, I'm gasping for air like a fish and wondering if this is what drowning feels like. I use the yoga blocks when I bench my 20 reps at 95 lbs. It doesn't feel too bad, but I don't get to finish my workout properly because by the time I get to my 4th and final set, all the benches are in use and I resort to doing a set of push ups instead. Nothing but nothing feels easier so I don't up any of my weights. Even the 10 minutes of cardio between sets two and three feels hard. I log my mileage in order to gauge whether it's just how I feel (totally subjective and arbitrary), or whether I'm actually making progress, judged by an increase in mileage. I think my mileage is actually better today than last week!

Again, I like how my arms look when I'm curling the 40 lb BB but I can't snap a photo of it. When I'm finally done, I put my hoodie back on and go for 20 minutes of LISS, averaging about 100 Strides Per Minute. Then a quick Cage Stretch, a partial Mat Stretch with 25 Dive Bomber Push Ups and a 60 second plank and I'm done! Yay! The gym scale reads 114.6 lbs. Not yay. Water mostly. My face is puffy and a bit blotchy. Lately, I've felt my cheeks get pink and flushed suddenly for no reason. Perhaps this is a Hot Flash? Nothing a good long shower won't alleviate. Tomorrow I'll finish Program B and reward myself on Wednesday with boxing the Nexersys. Today I actually saw two large women at the boxing stations, tentatively smacking the machines. Yay! It's always good to see people using the equipment, just not when I want to use it.

When I get home, I have a phone message from the oil company telling me they're delivering oil on Wednesday. They tend to deliver sooner than I need it, so I trudge outside to the back of the house, shovel out the storm cellar doors that lead to the basement and check the fuel gauge. I got half a tank so really I can postpone this delivery for another week or two. Then I realize that there's no path to the oil fill line so I trudge to the front of the house and shovel out another path from the driveway. By the time I'm done, I'm all hot and sweaty again. Sigh. Now I need a nap.

Week Three Day Three (A) Program
20 min elliptical: 1 min walk / 1 min run = 1.69 miles
This done as a circuit twice without rest
20 reps Bench Press @ 95 lbs
20 reps each arm One-Arm DB Rows @ 35 lbs
20 reps DB Military Press @ 15 lbs (each arm)
20 reps BB Curl @ 40 lbs
20 reps each arm DB Kick Backs @ 20 lbs
10 min elliptical: 5 min walk / 5 min run = 0.82 miles
This done as a circuit twice without rest
20 reps Bench Press @ 95 lbs / last set couldn't get on Bench so did 20 push ups
20 reps each arm One-Arm DB Rows @ 35 lbs
20 reps DB Military Press @ 15 lbs (each arm)
20 reps BB Curl @ 40 lbs
20 reps each arm DB Kick Backs @ 20 lbs
20 min elliptical LISS = 1.27 miles
Cage Stretch
Mat Stretch with 25 Dive Bomber Push Ups (regular leg stance) and 60-second plank

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...