Thursday, February 6, 2014

Week Three Day Two (B) sigh

Bottom image illegible due to
my inability to coordinate
camera and using the stepmill
I spend three hours shoveling wet snow yesterday so I got my cardio workout in as well as some arm and shoulder work. I don't really mind so much. It was warm enough that eventually I shed my puffy winter coat and had just my fleece hoodie, fleece pants and boots on. But this morning was brutally cold at 13°F and even though the sun was out, I was longing for yesterday.

The gym parking lot is a frozen mess and I pick my way gingerly between parked cars while schlepping my heavy gym bag, purse and water bottle. Luckily the all the equipment I want to use is free so I make efficient use of the gym equipment. My Shred workout is done in a little over an hour. But I like the slow arduous pace of the Matrix stepmill so I do another 20 minutes on it, playing with the controls. Last time I managed a snail's pace at Level One and roughly 350 steps. Today, I move up to Level 3 and manage closer to 650 steps. Still have no idea how that actually translates, but I'm sweating so much that I have to blot my face with my towel. The only thing I upped today was the rep for abs because I'm barely able to finish my sets with the weights where they are as it is.
Matrix Stepmill

The gym scale reads 113.0 lbs. My home scale (a few hours later) reads 110.6 lbs. My body fat seems to be creeping up (20.7%) so I really should be paying more attention to my eating habits. I haven't decided whether to do Program A tomorrow and Program B on Monday, or if I should just do my cardio and boxing tomorrow, and do A and B next week. And then it's over. Yay! Not quite sure what I'll do for the rest of the week. I'm so tempted just to do cardio and box. Start fresh the following week. Yeah, any excuse to whack that Nexersys.

Week Three Day Two (B) Lower
20 min elliptical: 1 min walk / 1 min run = 1.66 miles
This done as a circuit twice without rest
20 reps Smith Squat @ 60 lbs
15 reps (each leg) DB Lunges @ 25 lbs (each hand)
50 reps DB Standing Calf Raises 25 lbs each hand
50 Crunches (+10 reps)
50 Crunches Knees to Elbows (+10 reps)
10 min elliptical: 5 min walk / 5 min run = 0.81 miles
This done as a circuit twice without rest
20 reps Smith Squat @ 60 lbs
15 reps (each leg) DB Lunges @ 25 lbs (each hand)
50 reps DB Standing Calf Raises 25 lbs each hand
50 Crunches
50 Crunches Knees to Elbows
20 min LISS on Matrix Stepmill (approx 650 steps)
Cage Stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...