Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Wednesday is My Least Favorite Day...

Lately, Wednesday is my least favorite day to go to the gym. I love Leg Day but I can always move Leg Day to Thursdays. It's Wednesdays that I hate, and not because it's Prince Spaghetti Day (okay, I'm dating myself by referencing that commercial). I'm a big pasta fan, even planning to make a turkey bolognese sauce tonight for dinner. I hate Wednesdays because the gym suddenly seems to fill up with completely clueless, full-of-themselves, high schoolers. I don't mind the girls so much. I'm not 100% sure but they seem to be staring a lot, at me. They don't say anything, they don't titter or giggle. They just stare. It's a bit odd. The boys, on the other hand, drape themselves over equipment they have no idea how to use. I guess I should give them credit for being at the gym, but really, they just annoy me.

Today's Total Workout:
35 min hill = 3.85 miles + 35 min intervals = 3.92 miles Grand Total 7.77 miles
(It's not my best by far and I blame it on myself for having to bribe, er, indulge my son with KFC original recipe fried chicken last night. I should've known from the saltiness that it was rife with MSG, and later I developed a MSG headache and didn't sleep well. During cardio, I develop a stitch just below my ribcage on the right side and I wonder if it's my gall bladder complaining about last night's poor dietary choice.)
Cage Stretch
Smith Squats: 12 @ bar / 6 x 12 @ 95 lbs (I wear shorts on Leg Day because I really need to see where my knees are in alignment with my feet and shoulders, and I'm constantly adjusting my stance)
Dead Lifts: 12 @ bar / 6 x 12 @ 95 lbs (these actually don't feel so bad these days)
Thrusters: 12 @ bar / 3 x 12 @ 55 lbs (my knees are not at all happy doing this exercise, and it takes my breath away far worse than Dead Lifts)
  How to Do Thrusters for Strength Training Exercise —powered by eHow.com
Pistol Squats: 6 each leg (I have to concentrate really hard on stabilizing my ankle and knee when I do this movement)
Seated Leg Curl: 6 x 12 @ 90 lbs (I've been babying myself by only doing 3 sets in the past)
Torso Twist: 2 x 25 @ 50 lbs
Seated Leg Extensions: 6 x 12 @ 60 lbs
Mat Stretch: By this time I'm tired and I just want to do my routine. I probably shouldn't've cursed out the newbie wandering all over all three mats but really, if someone's obviously working out on one of the mats, you do not tromp all over it like you're a brain dead zombie. I saw the look of shock on his face and the trainer (who was working out on his own time) who's his buddy. Really, the trainer should know better as well. Like I said, if I was going to pull back on working out, it'd be on Wednesdays when all the morons come out to play.

The gym scale reads 108.8 lbs but I'm not concerned. I had a good workout. (By the time I get home, my own scale reads 106.2 lbs and I'm appeased.) I see B and she tells me that she's off tomorrow and not sure she'll be here Friday because of the storm. Storm? Oh yeah, Nor'easter Nemo and predictions of 16+" of snow for our area! I guess I'd better do my errands today and tomorrow then since it's very likely that I'll be spending Friday shoveling, and shoveling some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...