Thursday, May 30, 2024

Spacey Thursday

Averaging 5 1/2 hrs of sleep a night isn't quite enough for me. And yet, I find it hard to fall asleep before 1 AM. Because I have to take the pups to the park and leave by 9 AM (to avoid dog fights with other puppers), my alarm is set for 7:30. I need time to put my various eye drops in, have coffee, yadda yadda... I'm not sure I even know what 8 hrs of sleep feels like. But I have been known to doze off on the sofa with the dogs on a rainy afternoon. I'm happy that milkweeds have emerged in my yard, but something ate half a plant. They're supposed to taste terrible and be mildly toxic, so I don't know why anything would do that. Besides monarch caterpillars. But this wasn't a caterpillar...

This means I'm pretty spacey this morning while packing my gym gear. I noted that my bag seemed unusually easy to zipper close and didn't connect that to the possibility I'd forgotten something. That only became apparent when I got to the locker room and sorted through the gym bag. Everything except a towel for drying off after the shower! But I had a clean hand towel that I use to wrap my shower shoes, and a microfiber hair wrap. 

A hand towel is too miniscule to saunter through the locker room (I've known a few women confident enough to do so but I'm not one of them) considering that many members are so inhibited that they change in the handicap toilet stall. But it's enough to dry off with, so I just need to bring my clean clothes with me to hang in the shower vestibule. That's one of the tiny things I like better at this gym vs a place like Planet Fitness: each shower has a curtain and a tiny changing area with wall hooks and then a shower curtain for the showering part.

The gym is unusually empty for a non-Senior class day. Tuesday was packed with people! I see the one middle aged guy who is always on the elliptical, usually for at least an hour, and always wearing a windbreaker or sweatshirt. He's on #2 and I'm happy to pedal #1. The FitBit app keeps buzzing my wristband: it wants me to keep the app open in the background all the time. I'm reluctant to because I worry that'll just suck the battery life down to nothing. But maybe that's okay? But, I also turn the Bluetooth off on my phone so that my AirPods will work with my ancient iPod Nano. When I finish exercising, I switch the BT back on and reconnect the wearable.

Temps have dropped into what I term comfortable: high 50s to low 60s. Dogs were very happy with the cooler weather this morning. I'm happy pedaling along and eventually working up a drenching sweat. What's odd is that the FB tells me my peak HR is 122 for all that. That's not even close to where my max HR has been, especially pedaling fast and furious. Tech just isn't trustworthy...

Pull-ups are serviceable with only the last one being a bit half-assed. And then I walk into a wonderfully cool Aerobics Room where there's only one other person. She's gone within moments and I have the room to myself. I do the full routine without any issues. Two guys come in with rollers and spend all of 30 seconds on the floor. Which means I have done a Wall Squat longer than they've rolled whatever sore muscles they possess. 

30 May 2024 11:26-12:44
Spacey Thursday & I forgot my towel

Precor elliptical #1
Program 2
Time: 30+5 (5638)
Distance: 2.85
Cal: 317
Avg Hr: 159, 196-86
Fitbit: 52-122

HGPU 14.5

20 Hip Bridges
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
DeadBugs 20 x 5
10 x 2 Hip Bridges & 10 one-leg ea
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Fire Hydrants 20 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Arm rotations 20
Neck stretch / Eye yoga
Wall Squat 120s !!!
(2 min 30 sec actually)



No comments:

Post a Comment

End of the Week

I'm so tired that I'm glad I don't go to the gym on weekends. I did go today after a lot of procrastination, so I got there late...