Monday, May 20, 2024

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my brother's wife's 60th birthday. She had her close cousins there who also brought their kids, which meant my son fit right in at the kids' table. Never mind that the oldest, my brother's son, just hit 30. It's a generational thing. My first cousin on my dad's side is probably 15 years younger than I am, but our kids are the same age, so of the same generation. Cousins on my mother's side are a bit older. We didn't get home until past midnight on Saturday. All the driving/sitting is starting to aggravate my sciatica. So it's important that I get to the elliptical this morning. And I do.

I'm happy with a good cardio warm-up and decent pull-ups. But not great. After the 13th rep, I can barely get my nose to the bar. The Senior class is still in the Aerobics Room when I'm done, so I sit down at the Cable Rows. It was either that or doing Skull Crushers on a flat bench. It is moderately busy in the free weight area and I'm thinking I can so triceps tomorrow if I decide to go to the gym. Class is over and I haven't signed up for anything during the summer. My main concern is getting my kid to his appointments, signing him up for driving lessons so he can get his license, and his getting a summer job.

The Aerobics Room is refreshingly cool when I finally get there. I'm still shocked that deleting Walking Lunges from my routine has increased my ability to tolerate Wall Squats. I'm perusing some interesting stories and when I look at the timer it's past 2 minutes! And it didn't feel bad at all. Probably will feel worse on Wednesday... The weather will be ridiculously hot, hovering in the 80s. Dogs and I will be thoroughly miserable, because we're not heat tolerant. Nope. I'm happy with high 50s and low 60s. Already gotten bitten and now I wear a spritz of picaridin before taking pups to the park.

20 May 2024 11:37-1:15 pm
Sunny Monday & avoiding that Sr Class

Precor elliptical #2
Program 2
Time: 30+5 (5620)
Distance: 2.85
Cal: 317
Avg Hr: 161, 198 max
Fitbit: 52-130

HGPU 13+2 halves

Seated Cable Rows
50 lbs x 15
60 x 15
70 x 15, 15, 15

20 Hip Bridges
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
DeadBugs 20 x 5
10 Hip Bridges & 10 one-leg
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Fire Hydrants 20 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Arm rotations 20
Neck stretch / Eye yoga
Wall Squat 120s !!! (126 actually)


No comments:

Post a Comment

End of the Week

I'm so tired that I'm glad I don't go to the gym on weekends. I did go today after a lot of procrastination, so I got there late...