Monday, May 6, 2024

Mondays Are Crowded

Not only is today the Monday after a soggy, cold Cinco de Mayo, but it's also just Monday in general. Which means the gym is crowded. There are middle-aged people on the elliptical machines that I've never seen do cardio before. Which means I'm initially relegated to machine #3 but discover that it needs a hard reboot since it won't allow any programs to initialize. That's fine if you're just going to pedal aimlessly and not change resistance or elevations. Well, at least there's #4. It works but is the slightest bit wobbly at higher speeds and as it wobbles, it makes an odd noise. 

That's my excuse or at least one of them for my less than stellar showing. The other reason is that I hard a really hard time going to sleep last night. I went to bed at midnight but my skin was super sensitive, so every little itch and tickle bothered me. I couldn't get comfortable. My clothes kept putting stress on various joints, my feet were either too hot or too cold, my fingers ached, my armpits were chafed by the seams in my nightgown, my hair kept tickling my nose, or lips, or poking me in the eyelid. I finally fell asleep at 1:30 and didn't really want to get up when the alarm sounded at 7:30, but dogs need their park time. It was damp and chilly but the rest of the week promises temps back in the mid-70s.

The only things I like so far is the wafting fragrance of lilacs, and the trill of peepers in the wetlands at night. There are dandelions everywhere, but very few bees. Although I've heard that the hummers (hummingbirds) are back. I have a variety of sparrows (love those song sparrows), chickadees, nuthatches, goldfinches, pine warblers (which I may have mistaken for female goldfinches), catbirds, an assortment of woodpeckers, starlings, grackles, and some redwing blackbirds (with their distinctive call). [Blogger is glitching and won't allow me to import images anymore, but I can still link to YouTube videos.]

Pull-ups aren't great but at least I can still get more than a dozen. And I'm able to claim one of the two Seated Cable Rows. Over the weekend, I realized that my lower lats were actually sore. Probably not from the cable rows, but maybe the Reverse Inclined Flys are hitting lats instead of the posterior delts and supporting muscles? 

The HS kids start to filter in. It's getting late. The Aerobics Room is warm and humid. I do everything except Walking Lunges because I feel as if I'll fall over if I do that one. So I don't. But I'm oddly refreshed by the time I get myself situated against the wall for Wall Squats, and I actually do 120 seconds, 2 minutes, and it isn't a problem. Weird, right?

Meanwhile, I've discovered Ze Frank on YouTube, and I can't believe he's been on for over a decade. Short, informative and hilariously honest nature videos. I think I've viewed almost the entire catalog so prior to 10 years, he has other short videos that are also entertaining but pertain more to society and humanity. Definitely worth a look. Not sure if Blogger will allow me to embed videos since they keep losing the ability to import images...



6 May 2024 12:02-1:40
Dreary Monday 

Precor elliptical #4
(Wobbles at higher SPM)
Program 3
Time: 30+5 (5548)
Distance: 2.82
Cal: 312
Avg Hr: n/a
Fitbit: 48-130 bpm

HGPU 14.5

Seated Cable Rows
50 lbs x 15
60 x 15
70 x 15, 15, 15

20 Hip Bridges
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
DeadBugs 20 x 5
20 Hip Bridges & 10 one-leg
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Fire Hydrants 20 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25 (knees)
Arm rotations 20
    Skip Walking lunges 36 steps total
Neck stretch / Eye yoga
Wall Squat 120s !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Combo Day

The dogs were still at the boarding kennel with baths and nail trimming scheduled so I didn't need to get up too early today. In fact, I...