Tuesday, May 28, 2024

FitBit Malfunction

Weekend pup pillows
I charge my FitBit once every 3-4 days and am not particularly diligent with uploading data from the wearable to the app residing on my phone. So I hadn't thought to check anything this morning even though I'd charged the bracelet yesterday. I didn't realize that not only wouldn't the wearable connect to the phone, it wasn't recording heart rate or steps properly either. 

Which means that when I finally figured out how to reboot the wearable (thank goodness for online community resources), I discovered that the HR and steps were insultingly low because the device hadn't registered anything at all. So my 35 minutes of breathless pedaling showed up as...nothing. With a HR that peaks at 76 bpm. Meanwhile, the elliptical, which goes crazy in the opposite direction, clocks 200 bpm at the height of my cardio activity. Also ridiculous.

I'm happy I can get a dozen good hammer-grip pull-ups before I can barely get my face to the bar. Aging sucks when you can barely do half of what you could do just a year ago. My biggest complaint though has been with how my eyes are reacting to the additional eye drops. I've added an ocular antihistamine (Pataday), hoping that it will blunt my allergic reaction to Timolol. In spite of it being a preservative-free formulation, my lash line burns, my eyelid skin feels dry and scaly, and weals have formed between my nose and eyes. At least I haven't developed itchy white bumps inside my eyelids (that happened years ago with regular Timolol, and brimonidine, and dorzolamide and can cause corneal abrasions).

I still slather Aquaphor on my eyelids to keep the itching and pinprick sensations at bay. I spent the long holiday weekend inside mostly because of the heat and the rain, and my eyes were so dry that I struggled to keep them open and focused. It felt as if my eye holes had shrunk and were too small to see out of! Every time I blinked, the eyelids would stick just a little on my eyeballs no matter how much lubricating drops I applied. Dry eyes makes your vision foggy in patches and reading becomes difficult. Being outside is easier, except when it's hot and rainy. I hadn't realized how much time my pups spent sleeping until this weekend. Luckily, they don't mind serving as bony pillows, although one of them tends to sleep run and we're all in danger of being kicked in the head. Accidentally of course.

While I'm happy I got to use elliptical #1 today with few people doing cardio, the free weight area was unusually crowded. Maybe because all the college kids are home now. Or maybe because there's no Senior class this afternoon, what with it being Tuesday. I manage to slide into one of the Seated Cable Row stations. Afterward, I look around and briefly contemplate doing Rip Skulls but decided against aggravating my elbows. I was surprised on Saturday to have mildly sore triceps and pecs. Especially the pecs since there was no benching or pressing involved. While Rip Skull pullovers with a bar works all three tricep heads, I can't think it does much for the pectorals. I could be wrong though. 

The Aerobics Room is refreshingly cool. And crowded with three other individuals doing their own thing. I grab a mat and do my thing. Everything is good. Dead Bugs seems especially easy after 3 days of slothing. Wall Squats are also easy. Not sure I'm prepared to do sets of them yet though...

28 May 2024 11:59-1:36
Sunny Tuesday post holiday weekend

Precor elliptical #1
Program 3 (5
Time: 30+5 (5554)
Distance: 2.82
Cal: 313
Avg Hr: 156, 200-112
Fitbit: ugh

HGPU 13+2 halves

Seated Cable Rows
50 lbs x 15
60 x 15
70 x 15, 15, 15

20 Hip Bridges
Piriformis/Hip Stretch
DeadBugs 20 x 5
10 x 2 Hip Bridges & 10 one-leg ea
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Fire Hydrants 20 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Arm rotations 20
Neck stretch / Eye yoga
Wall Squat  2 min 30 sec actually


No comments:

Post a Comment

End of the Week

I'm so tired that I'm glad I don't go to the gym on weekends. I did go today after a lot of procrastination, so I got there late...