Friday, May 17, 2024

Combo Day

The dogs were still at the boarding kennel with baths and nail trimming scheduled so I didn't need to get up too early today. In fact, I made it to the gym before the Senior class started. Since I missed the last three days, and spent the past two days in a car for more hours than I'd like, I felt the need to compensate for prolonged sitting. My hubs and I did, however, manage to squeeze our kid and his myriad of belongings into one car and drive home from college. So yaaay for that chore done.

I was surprised that there were so few people on any of the cardio machines and I was happy to grab elliptical #1 for the cardio warmup. Pull-ups were slightly better. There were teens in the DB area where I'd be doing my DB shoulder workout so I put that on pause and instead did Seated Cable Rows. The Senior class started and I took my time between sets, but I still had a lot of time to kill before I could use the Aerobics Room. The teens moved to a different part of the gym so DB Shoulder routine was next. I had toyed with the idea of doing Skull Crushers / Rip Skulls because it's literally been months since I last did those, but it'd be difficult to stretch the time out. Besides, the Inclined DB Press covers anterior delts and triceps so it's not like I'm really missing anything. 

I got the DB Shoulder routine done with healthy rests between the last three sets, and I didn't actually feel too tired. However, even though it was well past 12:30, there were still seniors inside the Aerobics Room. Ugh. I can't stand around waiting so I grab a mat and proceed to do part of my core workout at the front of the gym, where the functional fitness equipment sits. By the time I get to fire hydrants, I can see old people exiting the gym. That's my cue to enter the Aerobics Room. The a/c is actually on! I wanted to end my routine in there anyway because there's a big wall I can use for Wall Squats. That's harder to find in the rest of the gym between mirrors and equipment. I'm getting used to 120-second Wall Squats, though I have to admit it's much easier now that I've quit the Walking Lunges.

17 May 2024 10:47-1:09
Sunny Friday and avoiding that Sr Class
(My kid is back from college)

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 30+5 (5678)
Distance: 2.86
Cal: 319
Avg Hr: 160, 194-84
Fitbit: 51-144

HGPU 15

Seated Cable Rows
50 lbs x 15
60 x 15
70 x 15, 15, 15

Incl DB Press s/s Lateral Raises s/s Rev Incline Flys
10 lbs x 25/15/25 warm up
15 lbs x 25/15/25
20/15/20 x 25/15/25-27 x 3

20 Hip Bridges
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
DeadBugs 20 x 5
10 Hip Bridges & 10 one-leg
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Fire Hydrants 20 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25 (knees)
Arm rotations 20
Neck stretch / Eye yoga
Wall Squat 120s !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

End of the Week

I'm so tired that I'm glad I don't go to the gym on weekends. I did go today after a lot of procrastination, so I got there late...