Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Semi-Abbreviated Workout

My FitBit suddenly remembered data from yesterday and made adjustments to the record. So weird. I got to the gym earlier than usual but still later than I'd like. I hoped that the Senior class wasn't happening, but alas, it was. I have to take my kid to the orthodontist later so my time is limited. I need to prioritize. Cardio is always of foremost importance. I'm happy that there's barely anyone on the cardio platform so I can pedal elliptical #1. I skip pull-ups since it's too stressful on my shallow elbow joints to do two days in a row. Mindful of delicate elbows, I also skip the Skull Crushers. 

I see the front desk staff carrying chairs into the Aerobics Room. Yep, that class is starting. There's a few folks in the free weight area but the inclined breaker benches are available. So it looks like I'm doing DB Shoulders. Maybe not the full 3 sets with the 20s, because I still need to stretch out the lower back and hip before I shower and change.

I knock out my warm-up set with 10 lb DBs and miraculously, everyone else vacates the DB area. Probably a coincidence. Or I'm a beast. Kidding. I am annoyed that there's chalk powder all over the floor mat under my inclined bench. Which means putting my DBs down and picking them up again gets powder all over my clothes. It'll wash out, but it's still annoying. A lot of chain gym won't let you use chalk because of the mess. And inherent inhalation nastiness. Meanwhile, the staff is sporting brand new logo-fied T-shirts. Because it's not a Gold's Gym anymore.

I have enough time to do four sets total: warm-up; in-ease; 2 actual sets. I could do a third set but I wouldn't have time to grab a mat and do a few basic floor movements in the Functional Gym area near the front door. Sadly, that only amounts to hip-bridges, some stretches, Dead Bugs and a dozen Cat stretches. I even skip Fire Hydrants! 

Tomorrow I have my own doc appt at 1 pm, so it's just going to be cardio and core. And I say core because there won't be a class in the Aerobics Room to keep me from a full routine. I snap a quick pic of my arms in the locker room. Yeah, in spite of not doing much of an arm routine, they still look decent enough... I just need to lose the fat! 

Next week I have a follow-up appt with the glaucoma doc and I get to find out whether the Timolol is working and whether using Pataday is okay or not. Because leaving phone messages is like talking into the wind.

29 May 2024 10:57-12:20
Temperate Wednesday 

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 30+5 (5624)
Distance: 2.84
Cal: 316
Avg Hr: 152, 188-83
Fitbit: 53-134

Incl DB Press s/s Lateral Raises s/s Rev Incline Flys
10 lbs x 25/15/25 warm up
15 lbs x 25/15/25
20/15/20 x 25/15/25-27 x 2

20 Hip Bridges
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
DeadBugs 20 x 5
10 x 2 Hip Bridges & 10 one-leg ea
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12


No comments:

Post a Comment

End of the Week

I'm so tired that I'm glad I don't go to the gym on weekends. I did go today after a lot of procrastination, so I got there late...