Friday, May 31, 2024

Ending the Week on a High Note

I'm quite pleased with my cardio today, breaking 2.9 after weeks of disappointment. Better yet, I have 4 straight days of cardio on the same type of machine (Precor elliptical), for the same amount of time (35 minutes), at roughly the same time (late morning/noonish), with similar programs (1-3). Monday was a holiday so I didn't exercise, but Tuesday through Friday I went to the gym everyday. 

And while what I did afterward varied, the cardio was mostly the same. Starting Tuesday with Program 3 and logged 2.82, and ended today Friday with Program 3 and logged 2.92. Mileage got incrementally better each day. I wish the same could be said for my other endeavors!

I don't have any appointments today so I can do neglected exercises. Skipped the pull-ups and still felt a twinge in my right forearm while I was on the elliptical. The Seated Cable Rows were both occupied so I grabbed the 30 lb BB and did a few brief sets of Rip Skulls. After two sets, I got braver and did a combo set alternating a Skull Crusher with a Rip Skull twelve times. That actually didn't feel bad, but I'm not sure I'd make a habit of it, or that I'd be brave enough to do more than one set. The arms get pretty tired pretty quick with this.

Both Seated Cable machines are still busy so I walk over to the Aerobics Room. I'm shocked to see it layed out with battle ropes and barbells for a Body Pump class. Is there a class starting imminently? I walk back to the front desk to ask, and I'm told that the class is much later. It's just laid out for the staff to learn all the movements. Okay. When I walk back through the gym, I see that one of the Seated Cable Rows is finally available. Which is my cue to drop my gear on the seat and do what I had initially planned.

Eventually, I make it back to the Aerobics Room. There's no one else in it. Fine with me! I do all my core exercises and stretches. Sitting crossed-leg on a mat, I managed to bend forward enough so that my head is maybe a few inches from the floor. Probably my advantage to have a long body and short limbs in this case. I end with Wall Squats (which should be renamed Wall Sits). I wish I could figure out how to have the stopwatch feature show up as a tiny side window when I'm scrolling through my email or the local news instead of having to switch windows to check my time. But that's a first-world problem. 

I have a glaucoma doc appointment on Monday so once again, I'll be skipping the gym, and the post-weekend crowds. Today the gym was relatively empty, and even more so after I exited the Aerobics Room. I guess the HS kids have better things to do on a crisp, sunny Friday.

31 May 2024 12:13-1:56

Busy Friday

Precor elliptical #3
Program 3
Time: 30+5 (5832)
Distance: 2.92
Cal: 328
Avg Hr: 162, 203-84
Fitbit: 52-142

Skip HGPU 14.5

BB Rip Skulls 30 lbs x 12 x 2
BB 30 lbs Rip/Skull Crushed combo 12/12 x 1

Seated Cable Rows
50 lbs x 15
60 x 15
70 x 15, 15, 15

20 Hip Bridges
Piriformis/Hip Stretch
DeadBugs 20 x 5
10 x 2 Hip Bridges & 10 one-leg ea
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Fire Hydrants 20 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Arm rotations 20
Neck stretch / Eye yoga
Wall Squat 150s  (2 min 30 sec)

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of the Week

I'm so tired that I'm glad I don't go to the gym on weekends. I did go today after a lot of procrastination, so I got there late...