Monday, March 25, 2024

Start Again

It rained all day Saturday but dogs and I still went to the park, albeit for only 20 minutes because one pup looked utterly miserable. Sunday saw dry sunny skies but the temps dropped below freezing which wouldn't have been an issue except that that froze the lock to the dog park. Which meant I had to scale the chain link fence once again to let my pups in so they could run around like loonies. My first attempt was unsuccessful because I was trying to push myself up against the fence and my Boggs boots had no traction. On my second try, I realized I'd have better luck pulling myself up and over, which is how I probably did it a few weeks ago. Oddly, I don't really remember how I scaled the fence back then. But I'm really happy that, in my 60s, I'm able to do this. Yaaay me!

I woke up this morning exhausted, as if I'd done a full-body workout yesterday, which is weird, because all I did yesterday was plant some seeds, move a little dirt, stack a bit of firewood, walked dogs. Nothing horribly taxing. But my left shoulder is really sore -- immediately I know I'm not doing the DB workout today. However, I can do cardio, core, and seated cable rowing. So that's what I do.

Cardio wasn't great but still serviceable and I had my pick of elliptical machines. There were a lot of bodies in the free-weight area, regulars but not HS kids. Some colleges are on Spring Break now so that might explain the smattering of unfamiliar young faces. I'm happy to get a few more pull-up reps today; my right forearm wasn't bothering me. Everything is good for pulling weights, and even core. Except for push-ups. My left shoulder aches with each rep but I get my 25. I'm glad I didn't attempt the DB shoulder routine. 

There's a girl in a sports bra and sweatpants taking selfies in the Aerobics Room. I'm not quite sure what she's going for as she duck-faces over her shoulder, arching her back and sticking her butt out. I don't think she's actually done anything vaguely exercise-related except don sports clothes. She's tall, slender, and pretty, the way teenage girls can be. I wonder if she's tossing a filter on her images wherever she's posting. 'Cuz she's definitely posting somewhere. 

Tomorrow I have an appointment with my glaucoma doc. I'm hoping my IOPs are good but I have no way of checking since home tonometry machines are a bit pricey and it's questionable whether my health insurance will cover any of it. Meanwhile, I watched a webinar presented by the Glaucoma Research Foundation that suggested low blood pressure could be a factor in glaucoma, that glaucoma was in fact a circulatory disease because it can be associated with people with circulatory issues, like Raynaud's. Which I probably have, but in an atypical way.  

Hands and toes go numb, get icy cold, don't necessarily turn blue or white though. My erratic blood pressure registers mildly high for a few days, then high, then dips down to almost normal. Yesterday it registered high after several days of mildly high. I suspect it was the salty seasoning on the pre-marinated pork loin my husband bought for dinner. I'm sodium sensitive, but it's impossible to reduce my intake enough to drop my BP into the normal range. Exercise helps a lot. Except when I miss a few days. I am happy that I seem to be otherwise healthy though. I'm good with that.

25 March 2024 11:34-1:17
Brisk Monday feeling extreme fatigue

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 30+5 (5698)
Distance: 2.86
Cal: 319
Avg Hr: 155, 196-78
Fitbit: 57-154

HGPU 17.5

Seated Cable Rows
50 lbs x 15
60 x 15
70 x 15, 15, 15

20 Hip Bridges
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
DeadBugs 20 x 5
20 Hip Bridges & 10 one-leg
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Fire Hydrants 20 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Arm rotations 20
Walking lunges 36 steps total
Neck stretch / Eye yoga
Wall Squat 90s (!!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...