Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Something Old But New

I had my glaucoma doc appointment yesterday and the IOPs have risen slightly. Not horrible but higher than last time. I already have vision loss in the upper crescent of my right eye, and I don't need to accelerate the damage. The doc, her med tech, and I reviewed my past medications and take a chance that my previous allergic reactions might be due to the preservatives. (Being allergic to eye drops usually results in itchy eyes with tiny white bumps inside the upper eyelids.) 

We also needed to find meds my insurance will cover. Luckily, their system is automated and flags with a happy or frowny face when a med is entered into a patient's file and cross-referenced with the patient's specific health insurance. The doc informs me that this one med is also a beta blocker, which might also help me with my hypertension. I'm on the lowest dose of Losartan and I'm resisting doubling the dose. Maybe if I can tolerate this "new" med, Timolol PF, it'll stabilize my blood pressure as well. Timolol is an old medication and has been around for decades and is presumed safe and effective. 

It's not exactly raining, but the weather is damp, grey, cold and it takes me a while to get to the gym and to warm up. Actually, it takes me almost 20 minutes to warm up so I'm more than two thirds through my cardio before I actually feel "normal" and not sluggishly tired. At least I made it to 2.9 today. Didn't quite make 18 HGPU reps though. 

I feel good enough to do Seated Cable Rows even though I'm skeptical that I can get all my reps (15). Resting enough between sets helps a lot! Whew! The "influencer" taking weird selfies is back in the Aerobics Room but today she's actually doing squats with a DB in her hands. My routine is routine, except the left shoulder complains when I do push-ups. Ugh. I'm surprised it's still sore and I hope it won't be a problem tomorrow when I do the DB Shoulder exercises. It's supposed to rain all day and be generally miserable outside. Oh joy. The dogs will be so happy. Well, one of them won't care and the other one will be upset that water is getting inside his ears.

27 March 2024 11:38-1:19
Dreary Cold Rainy Wednesday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 2
Time: 30+5 (5778)
Distance: 2.90
Cal: 324
Avg Hr: 163, 195-83
Fitbit: 58-160

HGPU 16

Seated Cable Rows
50 lbs x 15
60 x 15
70 x 15, 15, 15

20 Hip Bridges
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
DeadBugs 20 x 5
20 Hip Bridges & 10 one-leg
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Fire Hydrants 20 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Arm rotations 20
Walking lunges 35 steps total
Neck stretch / Eye yoga
Wall Squat 90s (!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...