Friday, March 1, 2024

Spring is Coming

Soooo bored...
Spring will arrive on the 19th of this month, earlier than I remember in past years. Normally it's around the 21st or 22nd of March. Never mind the Leap Year. Temps were in the 20s at the Bark Park, but gradually warm up. I had an extended text conversation with my kid this morning about how he's getting home for Spring Break, so I'm later than usual to the gym. The parking lot is full but the gym is not. However, elliptical #1 is occupied so I clamber onto #2 and select program #2. It's harder than the other two because of the steep peaks and valleys but I like to choose a different program each time I pedal.

The bottom of my lungs hurt when I first start, but eventually, my body acclimatizes and I can pedal faster for longer by the end of the session. It's probably because it takes me at least 20-25 minutes to "warm up." But it doesn't take long for me to cool down. By the time I've done pull-ups and Seated Cable Rows, I'm chilly enough to put my hoodie back on to tolerate the chill in the Aerobics Room. 


Two HS boys come in and do ab work: leg lifts, crunches, V-sits. But they're not dressed in gym clothes, just regular street wear. I see the skinnier boy with jeans having to thread his belt back through his pants because you can't do abs with a belt on. The other kid is wearing sloppy sport pants but I think it's just the way he dresses. I'm so distracted that I forget to do Bird Dogs until after Walking Lunges. I almost talk myself out of Wall Squats and regret that I don't, because 50 seconds in and I'm shrieking to myself. In my head. Whew.

Ugh. Once again, Google is being a big PITA by telling me I have to enable cookies, and to sign in (yet again) just to access my own photos. For apparently no reason other than it's now March 1st. Grrrr... This happened back in November, lasted about two weeks and then resolved itself. Because honestly, I try to avoid using Chrome when possible. 

1 March 2024 12:11-1:47
Arctic Friday

Precor elliptical #2
Program 2
Time: 30+5 (5852)
Distance: 2.92
Cal: 329
Avg Hr: NA 167, 217?! Max?
Fitbit: 56-154

HGPU 18 (last 5 iffy)

Seated Cable Rows
50 lbs x 15
60 x 12
70 x 12, 15, 15

20 Hip Bridges
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
DeadBugs 20 x 5
20 Hip Bridges & 10 one-leg
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Fire Hydrants 20 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Arm rotations 20
Walking lunges 34 steps total
Neck stretch / Eye yoga
Wall Squat 90s (!!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...