Thursday, December 1, 2022

Damn It's Cold

The windshield didn't need defrosting but it was still cold and the weather app on my phone didn't promise anything better for the rest of the day. Temps went from 31 to 37F amidst flurries carried by arctic winds. It's cold inside the gym too and I keep my hoodie on during cardio. Snow Bird is early and I'm actually a tad late so I have to skip the pull-ups and head directly to the Aerobics Room. There are other women in there, some exercising vigorously, others just chatting with their legs up on a big exercise ball.

Only 3 more months of cold to go
before this rash goes away
There's time to do a set afterward, and then off to shower and change. The skin on the back of my thighs feel bumpy but I need to use my phone to see if that dreaded winter rash is back. Yep, it is. It takes me a moment to remember that the "bruise" on my left thigh is actually the scar from last year's skin biopsy. My skin takes an inordinately long time to heal, probably because not only do I have a skin condition, but I'm also getting old. The dermatologist says the rash is just eczema or cold uticaria. It only surfaces when temps drop and isn't alleviated by my immediate retreat into a warmer environment. The rash also doesn't respond to any of the prescribed steroidal creams so all I can do is hope it doesn't turn into a bloody mess before Spring... It'll fade and the welts will go down by April or May, just in time for biting insects.

It's depressing that Irene Cara (forever Coco Hernandez in my mind) is dead at 63. I'm 62. I'm half hoping she had pre-existing health issues or something... My legs have thumbprint bruises that remind me of a woman I once saw when I was a tot in kindergarten. The class was seated on the floor when a large disheveled woman came in dragging a boy with a shaved, misshapened head. She was wearing a housecoat, kerchief and slippers so I could see bruises all over her bare legs, probably courtesy of her non-verbal offspring. He bit, spit and peed himself all in the first hour.


1 December 2022
Chilly Thursday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 2
Time: 30 + 5 (5594)
Distance: 2.84
Cal: 315
Avg Hr: 149, 186-82

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga x 3

HGPU 23




No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...