Tuesday, December 20, 2022

The Longest Day of the Week

Tuesdays are the longest days of the weeks just because our obligations don't end until after 9 pm when we return home from our BSA troop meeting. Tonight is the Holiday party and we've invited neighboring Cub Packs to visit us. Of course we have activities and refreshments planned. I thought my son had given up on baking cookies since he was showering when I went to bed a bit past midnight. 

I got up at 6 AM and discovered two cookie sheets with singed parchment paper and a giant sugar cookie studded with mint M&Ms on each. Which meant that he was baking in the wee hours all by himself. The cookies unfortunately, because they're mostly butter and sugar, spread while baking so we just cut them up into reasonable pieces and put them into a container to bring. We're also bringing cheese, salami, crackers and a 2-foot hoagie. Most parents bring cookies, or brownies, or cake. Too much dessert. A new Scout's parent is a chef though, and plans to bring chicken parm. Hmmm... he brought shrimp cocktail last time.

The gym parking lot is really crowded, especially for a Tuesday and it seems like everyone is on the treadmills. Luckily I can access the elliptical to do my 35 minutes. Then my routine in the Aerobics Room. And a few quick sets of Rip Skulls. I've been eating a lot of ibuprofen and I think my sciatica is slowly getting better. But I don't have time to worry about it. Because I need to hit the supermarket before going home to take pups to the park. Even though the thermometer says mid-30s, it feels much colder. Something about that arctic air...

20 December 2022
Frigid Sciatic Tuesday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 30 + 5 (5562)
Distance: 2.82
Cal: 313
Avg Hr: 144, 184-122

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Side bridge planks 10 each side
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga (kneeling)

Skull Crushers
30 lbs x 15 warmup
35 x 15 reps x 3 sets
30 x 25

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...