Friday, December 2, 2022

Frosty Friday

I was pleasantly surprised to find the first season of Night Court streamable on Amazon Prime, so I've been watching that for the past two days. It's free with commercials and that doesn't actually bother me. The show is corny but sweet, something lacking in a lot of current fare.

It's really cold in the gym today. I do work up a sweat during cardio and only take my hoodie off to do planks, child's pose, fire hydrants and bird dogs. Then the hoodie goes back on because I'm cold again in spite of push-ups and air squats. Of course, I have to use the hoodie on the inclined bench for my shoulder routine because I don't want my face against the vinyl seat. The hoodie needs adjusting though because too low and the back of my arms chafe against the ribbing at the bottom of the hoodie. My super-dry skin is also ridiculously sensitive. So sensitive that I get a tiny splinter while using the metal DBs... I'm thinking a fleck of rust embedded itself in my finger. It's too small to remove with tweezers so the best I can do is bandage it and hope eventually it works its way out.


I glance in the mirror while doing Lateral DB Raises and think that maybe all this work is actually working! The arms and shoulders look good, well, at least in this light, in that mirror, while hoisting a few DBs, i.e., while flexing. B is shockingly quiet today, maybe because most of the guys are chatting by the bench press stations with a new female. (B doesn't like to share attention.) She does chat with another fellow but he's not her type, not big and muscly so she doesn't spend a lot of time with him. He's been fairly regular for the past year or so and only memorable for the long line of tats on his arms which seem incongruent with the short business haircut speckled with gray. Because the rest of him is trim and fairly average-looking.

I'm amused by all the hoopla about the late Queen's aide being racist by repeatedly asking a woman "where she was from." Because this still happens to me. Except now people rephrase with "where is your family from?" (Can I say Vancouver, Canada and Shanghai?) Racist people don't understand how they're racist. B seemed surprised and disappointed she asked if I spoke Chinese, but acted insulted when I turned the question and asked her about speaking Italian. I know I'm not the only person who's stopped talking to her...

2 December 2022
Frosty Friday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 3
Time: 30 + 5 (5734)
Distance: 2.88
Cal: 322
Avg Hr: 167, 191-79

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga x 3

DB Incl Press s/s Lat Raise s/s Rev Inc Fly
10 lbs x 25/15/25 reps warmup
15 lbs x 25/15/25
20/15/20 lbs x 25/15/25 reps x 3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...