Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Unexpected Weather

The preferred elliptical was misbehaving, refusing to load programs yet telling me to pedal faster. I used the one that doesn't register heart rate. (I should probably start doing cardio on some of the other machines.) I still feel sluggish, even more so today because it's hours earlier and I haven't had the benefit of caffeine in any form. It's just before 7 am and I'd like to be back home by 9ish to take the dogs to the park. I time the abbreviated core and stretch routine and it runs 20 minutes even though I've skipped several movements. 

After push-ups come air squats. I do those before the brief mat stretch and eye yoga exercise. That way, I won't be panting when I leave the Aerobics Room. The Floppy Girl makes a quick foray into the room but leaves without doing anything. She gives me a funny side glance as I pass her while she's on a shoulder machine. Is it because she saw me doing push-ups and air squats? (Yes, I admit that I added air squats because I'm terrified of becoming one of those old folks who squat down and find they can't get back up because their muscles have atrophied! And since I can't lift heavy, well...) I don't feel sore from yesterday's exertions, so obviously, I just need to build up stamina. The sky has darkened considerably by the time I drive home and I wonder if it's a passing disturbance or something more.

Rain, thunder and the occasional flash of lightning didn't deter the dogs from wanting a sodden romp. After a quick workout and brief foray to the supermarket to pick up snacks for tonight's Boy Scout Troop Court of Honor, I obliged and loaded them into the car. Even though I wore raincoat and rubbers, I spent most of my time inside the shed at the top of the dog park hill. Dogs didn't care to be indoors and spent their 20 minutes racing through wet leaves and between trees. The high tree canopy kept us safer than being in an open field. Luckily, they didn't argue with me when I leashed them and headed back to the car. Twenty minutes is a lot less than they're used to but they seemed satisfied to be out of the driving rain.

28 Sept 2021
Dead Precor Tuesday

Precor elliptical
Program 3
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5590)
Distance: 2.83
Cal: 314
HR: n/a

Crunches 60 x 2
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
   Skip Quick Child’s Pose
Cat/Camel stretch 15x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
   Skip Child’s Pose 10s
   Skip Cobra Pose 30s
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...