Tuesday, September 21, 2021

ReCalculating

I decided to do Program 2 in the traditional manner: 7.5 minutes forward, 7.5 backward. Repeat. Cool down pedaling forward. I was prepared to change direction if the incline made my hamstrings or lower back spasm, but it was fine. I did slow down a bit so not the best mileage I've ever achieved but enough to make me feel refreshed. It's 8 am and I have enough time to do an abbreviated core and sciatica workout before showering. I need a few things at the grocery store and still have to take pups to the park!

The things I skip are movements I don't need to do every day, like two sets of cat/camel stretches, or air squats. Or pull-ups. I even bag push-ups because I can feel pressure in my head increase when I do them, and now I have a new floater in my left eye that's driving me to distraction. It's shaped like an outline of a football most of the time, with a tail sticking out at the 1 o'clock position. The top line is thicker. Sometimes the floater appears to be a circle with a head at 1 and a tiny tail at 7 o'clock. When I'm at my laptop, I catch a glimpse of a shape moving in the unlit hallway and I think it's one of the dogs, or a mouse. Ugh.

Of course, floaters are common with aging eyes but can be a sign of something more serious, like retinal detachment. My brother suffered from that, and the symptom was the sudden appearance of a massive floater. He's never been able to rid himself of that floater either although there are websites that suggest antioxidants, taurine, exercise to increase blood flow, and in severe cases, a vitrectomy which removes the vitreous fluid from the eye (and replaces it with a different solution) in the hopes that the protein strands causing the defect will break into smaller pieces and be less bothersome.

I'll do push-ups and pull-ups tomorrow, but it might be a long time before I decide to move any DBs. I have an eye doc appointment in a few weeks to discuss my last Visual Field test, and the fact that the tech couldn't get a decent picture of my retinas (when was the last time that machine was serviced?) and kept asking me if I had either macular degeneration of diabetes. Uh, no to both. I'll have to mention this new floater as well...

21 Sept 2021
New Week Tuesday

Precor elliptical
Program 2
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd
Distance: 2.80
Cal: 308
HR: 140-178, 81

Stretch from Smith Machine 10s x 2

Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat/Camel stretch 10x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...