Monday, September 13, 2021

Creeping Back

I had a pretty good weekend in that I managed to weed whack my walkway on Saturday, didn't injure anything anew and proceeded to weed whack my driveway on Sunday. I felt productive! My chiropractor wants me to ease back into my routines by half. So half of what I'd normally do... which makes sense. Because I'm so bored after over a month of feeling like a cripple. And now I don't. The sciatica is still there but I can finally sleep on my back again. Whew!

Nothing seems exceptionally hard but I am sort of relieved that I only needed to do 7 pull-ups today. My chiropractor was concerned about a hard landing that would jolt my lower spine, but I was careful not to dead drop onto the Stretch Cage base. My knees are no fans of hard impacts anyway! Seven pull-ups was perfect for having been out of commission for over four weeks. But I'm itching to work my back back to 15 and then some... 

I even pedaled backwards for the cool down period on the elliptical. Next week I'll venture back toward my normal programs but avoid pedaling backward when the incline is too steep as that seems to make my lower back spasm. Another sign of lumbar disc disfunction, no doubt. And then, I'll add crunches back into the mix. And more dead bugs.

But I'm not sure when or what I'll do about weight lifting movements. For now, push-ups, pull-ups, and air squats are enough. And maybe the shoulder DB routine... because that didn't even use heavy weights!

13 Sept 2021
Recovery Monday

Precor elliptical
Program: Manual/7
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd
Distance: 2.76
Cal: 302
HR:131-150

Stretch from Smith Machine 10s x 2

  Skip Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
30 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat/Camel stretch 10x
Fire Hydrants 20 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Cat/Camel stretch 10x
Push-Ups 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga
Air Squats 15

HGPU 7

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...